Paphos Airport to Paphos

Information on getting to and from Cyprus, and for travel on the island.
OhSusana

Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana »

Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.
I haven't taken a taxi, but ApusApus tells me a cost of 35 to 40 euros is typical. Wow. I am shocked. Probably a 15 minute journey.

2. Paphos Buses.
A/C. Nice buses. You have two routes -
612 which takes you into Kato Paphos and the Harbour area.
Map and timetable here -
http://www.pafosbuses.com/busroutes/pap ... os-airport

613 which takes you into Pano Paphos, the older part of town, higher up on the hill over Kato Paphos.
Map and timetable here -
The bus station in Pano Paphos is called Karavella.

Fare is currently 1.50 euros. 612 runs more frequently than 613.
Neither run during the night. But the 612 timetable has improved since I last rode this route.
Please note: links to these timetables change, so, in such a case, go to the main website, www.pafosbuses.com

3. Tourist bus.
I'm not sure about this, but if you fly in on a Thomson or Thomas Cook flight you might have an option of arranging a transfer to a hotel when you book your air ticket. I seem to recall seeing this when flying once on Monarch. But it seemed expensive to me, and I planned, anyway, to wait an hour and take the local bus (612).
Last edited by OhSusana on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OhSusana

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana »

Don't know how long this will last, but -
- a new route from Polis to Paphos airport.

Bus 649. It is listed also in the free timetable they give out. (which I happen to have in front of me)).
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is already a post running with this on ..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6458&p=64550&hilit=Polis#p64550
Trev..
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Yes, thanks, I know. I thought it useful to put some info, including the timetable link, in the travel section. Particularly as D is probably out of action, watching his road being dug up.
Note that the real times of the buses are rather different from that described n the other thread (for example, the first bus is at 1730 and not at noon, according to the timetable!).
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Oh...Wow.. That is a difference, starting at 5-30 instead of 12 noon.. Not as convenient as first portrayed..
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I expect that is because most in bound flights only start arriving around that time, but you could get the 613 to the main Paphos bus station and change to a bus that goes to Polis.
David
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

OhSusana wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.
I haven't taken a taxi, but ApusApus tells me a cost of 35 to 40 euros is typical. Wow. I am shocked. Probably a 15 minute journey.

That's if you grab a taxi at the airport! If you pre-book with one of the local firms it will be slightly less, generally between 28 - 33 euros?

Shane
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Uncle D wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 am I expect that is because most in bound flights only start arriving around that time, but you could get the 613 to the main Paphos bus station and change to a bus that goes to Polis.
True, but please note that there are 10 buses a day from the Harbour Station (612), and only 6 from Karavella (613).
June

Post by June »

ApusApus wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm
OhSusana wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.

That's if you grab a taxi at the airport! If you pre-book with one of the local firms it will be slightly less, generally between 28 - 33 euros?

Shane
Last edited by June on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
June

Post by June »

Eg Sam's Taxis.... excellent service is only 25 Euros. Have a look on the forum's Directory...