Larnaca airport to paphos at night

Information on getting to and from Cyprus, and for travel on the island.
andrada.curelaru

Larnaca airport to paphos at night

Post by andrada.curelaru »

Hello,

I'm travelling to Larnaca airport on 1st of August and arriving at 21.20. I looked online and couldn't find a bus that late that goes to Paphos. Does anyone know if there is a bus (maybe I didn't see it online) from Larnaca airport to Paphos after 21.20? If anyone maybe is also travelling on that date at that time and will be willing to share a taxi?
Thank you
Lofos-5

Re: Larnaca airport to paphos at night

Post by Lofos-5 »

A taxi will be around Euro 125 - we used www.iwantataxicyprus.com several times and can highly recommend. Alternatively, the cheapest one day one way car rental (smallest car) is around Euro 80 - if we have not much luggage we sometimes do that too.

HTH, A.
lionelcyprus

Re: Larnaca airport to paphos at night

Post by lionelcyprus »

Dear Andrada, not easy.
I would suggest maybe writing to travelexpress.com.cy. They may have other people in a similar position, and offer you a ride. They may charge you around 30 euros - if they offer you a place. They actually changed the time of one of their minibuses for me.
Kapnos airport shuttle run a bus about 03.45 am. But that's a long time to wait. Also, when you get to Paphos airport with them, you would have to wait until 0735 for the first local bus to Paphos.
A third alternative is to book into a hotel near Larnaca airport which offers a free shuttle service to the airport.
Sleep a night in larnaca, and then get a bus in the morning.
Even if the hotel is 50 or 60 euros, Kapnos, for example, are 15 euros I think. The local bus 1.50. It's still much cheaper than getting a taxi on your own in the late evening..
But you might find somebody at the airport happy to share a taxi to Paphos.
Good luck - whatever you decide.
Dominus illuminatio mea