Flight out of Cyprus on 8 April

Information on getting to and from Cyprus, and for travel on the island.
jeba

Flight out of Cyprus on 8 April

Post by jeba »

I received an email from the German embassy pointing to a flight from Cyprus to Sweden on 8 April. I´ll copy a deepl-translation below just in case someone is interested:

Dear Sirs, dear Sirs,

the embassy was informed about the following short-term excursion to Sweden:

This is to inform you all that there will be a flight arranged by Apollo from Larnaca to Stockholm/Arlanda on Wednesday April 8th at 15.50 (3:50 pm)

Arrival in Stockholm 19.10 (7:10 pm) local time.

Tickets can be bought on Apollo's ticket sales on the following website:

www.apollo.se/viktig-information/evakueringsflyg

When on the page click on "Apollo hjälper strandsatta resenärer...." Läs mer following instructions in English.

Price per ticket 2500 SEK (EUR 227) The ticket is not refundable.

If any problems with your booking, turn to Apollo's customer service on + 46 8 51930795

This flight will be available for returning citizens of Nordic countries and EU member states.

There seem to be scheduled flights from Stockholm to Frankfurt with Lufthansa on 09.04.2020 at 09.50 am (according to www.lufthansa.de), maybe even earlier with other airlines to other places in Germany.

Please share this information with others who may be interested.

With kind regards

German Embassy Nicosia

P.S.: As always, the Embassy asks you to remember to delete your data from the crisis prevention list when you have left the country, thank you very much!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
mike strand2

Re: Flight out of Cyprus on 8 April

Post by mike strand2 »

Whilst this is primarily intended as an evacuation flight from CY, If you try then to return before the restrictions are lifted, I'm guessing that passengers will spend 14 days in quarantine!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It was posted on the British High Commission Facebook page yesterday and the information provided there was much clearer.

It's possible to get flights from Sweden to UK at present as the route is still open.

The main concern from what I read, is the connection is the next day so people were wondering on the feasibility for an overnight stay.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
josef k

Post by josef k »

It says this is available for peole from Nordic countries and EU member states. I recall that the UK has left the EU. Therefore surely this is only of interest to those forum members with a non-UK passport.