Ayia Napa tells British louts they're not welcome

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Ayia Napa tells British louts they're not welcome

Post by Paphos Life »

Ayia Napa Mayor Yiannis Karousos has written a letter to British media and tour operators saying 'low-quality' tourists from the UK such as 'lads-style' holidaymakers were undesirable at the popular resort....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Ayia Napa tells British louts they're not welcome

Post by Dominic »

They aren't welcome in Paphos either. However, I doubt many of them read the Telegraph...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Two obvious ways:

1. Increase prices.
2. Cater less for the louts and more for the more civilised tourist.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can't see how you can stop them arriving.. There will be no questions on the booking form like 'are you a lout' Or 'do you drink lots of beer and then get rowdy'
What they may be able to do with police patrols is stop any rowdy behavior..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It won't be an instant fix, but I would imagine that word of mouth would kick in. If people found that the bars all closed at 10PM you can bet not many of them would be back next year.

I am of course exaggerating for effect. Ultimately, I imagine these lads go to a particular destination because they think they can get shitfaced on the cheap and party all night long. I would have thought that the best way of preventing that would be to have the clubs close at a more reasonable hour. It may not help season #1 but it would help season #2, as word got around.

I don't know why they chose to advertise in the Telegraph though.

NB: I freely admit that I am not speaking from any authority. It's well over two decades since I last went out to a club where that sort of behaviour occurred. I must be way behind the times. I just think that selling people lots of cheap alcohol all night long then arresting them for being drunk shows a lack of foresight.

Alternatively, set up Yiayia patrols. That would stop them misbehaving. :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

I remember going to Napa thirty years ago, the majority of holiday makers were Scandinavian family's, beautiful place to visit for beach/dining out etc, fast forward, the club owners want to make Napa a, Ibiza mk2 and start bringing over the DJs and the clubbers etc, with the new marina being build ..quite rightly no one wants to see yobs doing bar crawls, throwing up all over the place, and it isnt just Brits, all they have to do is start arresting people for being drunk and disorderly etc, jump on the club owners and the yob element will soon stop coming.