New Horizon Pub

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Lofos-5

New Horizon Pub

Post by Lofos-5 »

Ended up in the New Horizon Pub on the Coral Bay to Paphos road early evening yesterday after exploring a bit around the Mavrokolympos Dam in the late afternoon.

We all had very decent meals (plus a Guinness from the tap) and I certainly would go again. Extensive menu and reasonably priced we thought.

My kids all had the Down Under Special and loved it: Fried crispy chicken strips with mashed avocado topped with crispy bacon strips in ciabatta bread with rucola leaves and tomatoes. Served with homemade fries.

https://www.facebook.com/thenewhorizonpub/

A.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: New Horizon Pub

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Thank you telling us Andreas. (looking forward to the Guinness from the tap) and perhaps a nice Caesar salad with it....

Max
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

It's mainly a sports bar I guess, it has lots of screens showing football and Sky news. This PM they will show F1 in Hockenheim - Vettel is on pole!

A
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Yes the pint of Guiness was 5 euro (!) which when coming from the Middle East is OK but compared to other outlets is very steep indeed I thought as well. The food however was priced OK - and next time I will just go for a KEO which I also quite like.

A.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

€5 for a pint of draught Guinness is pretty good value. We have just come back home to Cyprus after 10 days in Rhodes were a 500ml glass of bog standard draught beer was €6 a chuck.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

bromerzz wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:24 pm €5 for a pint of draught Guinness is pretty good value. We have just come back home to Cyprus after 10 days in Rhodes were a 500ml glass of bog standard draught beer was €6 a chuck.
You are quite right - it is all relative. Cyprus is in in many ways still very competitive when it comes to going out compared to the rest of Europe. I think my main point was that at some venues one can have pints of “normal” beer for less than 2 Euro which makes the Guinness there comparitively dear.
Pchome

Post by Pchome »

Nothing special except the scones during the afternoon they are delicious
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I do miss scones with a coffee when I am out, so we will have to pop down there and try them....good to know.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I agree with Flossie re. "Boo tea Licious"

and I also recommend "Temptations" for scones etc. ...…….

CLICK HERE
josef k

Post by josef k »

I went a while back for a beer while waiting for someone. No Leon, no Carlsberg. Keo and Carling were available, neither of which I am fond of. I guess it is geared up for the tourist market.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Thanks for the info on scones, have found the address and added it to Google Maps so will stop by and try them in the next day or two...brilliant.