Gustoso

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
ApusApus

Gustoso

Post by ApusApus »

Went to the Sunday buffet at Gustoso for the first time in a while, still fantastic & left feeling like I couldn't eat for a week :D

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Gustoso

Post by Dominic »

What sort of buffet is it?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You have to queue for each course. For the main course you choose your meat or mixture of meats that are freshly carved by the Chef. Then you go round the long table and put on what ever takes your fancy.
I am not a fan of self service like this, but we have been a number of times. I have never had a bad meal there at all.. I can't remember the price but it is good value ..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I meant, what sort of food? Is it Cypriot or traditional UK Sunday lunch? And are the veg salads or peas, brocolli and (God Forbid) Cauliflower?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

From memory it is mainly food that you would expect in the UK..
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

The “salad” table is a very comprehensive selection, a mix of everything really. You could just fill up on this if you wanted to! The main course is a carvery with a choice of roast beef (with a great pepper crust) or roast pork plus roast potatoes & a selection of vegetables (peas, carrots & broccoli). For those that don’t want a roast there are meatballs, pasta, fish & ribs to choose from. Finally, the is a great selection of desserts from fresh fruit to Cyprus cakes to a chocolate fountain! Forgot to mention you can have soup to start with as well

It is 17 euros a head & booking is essential, they were turning away people at the door who hadn’t reserved a table!

Shane
josef k

Post by josef k »

During the week the food is good and the prices are OK, but the service can be very very slow. Last time I went we had to wait over 45 mins after ordering for the starters to arrive. When I complained they said they were busy. However, the place was only half full.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I was several times invited for Sunday Lunch at the Minthis Golf last year and must say it was always excellent for the price you pay (20 Euro/p.p.)
The variety was unbelievable, no wonder why my German friends not only play golf there when they come for holidays to their villa in Cyprus....

Max
Yana

Post by Yana »

Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 am I meant, what sort of food? Is it Cypriot or traditional UK Sunday lunch? And are the veg salads or peas, brocolli and (God Forbid) Cauliflower?
They mainly serve the European food (British, Greek, Mediterranean are also present). My favourite actually is their seafood salad, although all the dishes are amazing. The only minus is that the portions are too big! Some dishes could indeed be shared :D
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Yes it's a must, especially as more visitors are arriving as the season progresses.

Shane
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

[/quote]

The only minus is that the portions are too big! Some dishes could indeed be shared :D
[/quote]

It is self service apart from the meat. You put on as much or as little as you want :-)
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The thread is about ' Sunday Lunch Buffet'.
I too have been for other meals on a weekday, and as I said I have never had any bad meals there
Trev..
Yana

Post by Yana »

Yana wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:26 am
Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 am I meant, what sort of food? Is it Cypriot or traditional UK Sunday lunch? And are the veg salads or peas, brocolli and (God Forbid) Cauliflower?
They mainly serve the European food (British, Greek, Mediterranean are also present). My favourite actually is their seafood salad, although all the dishes are amazing. The only minus is that the portions are too big! Some dishes could indeed be shared :D
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

Personally, myself and hubby are not into buffets. But that aside, we have been to Gustoso on a number of occasions and have found the food very good. There is a good selection of pasta dishes and local dishes on their menu. The restaurant is spotless and the prices are not over the top. Would totally recommend.