Palia Elektriki

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
OldTimer

Palia Elektriki

Post by OldTimer »

In the Old Towm , bit difficult to find the first time you go but well worth the effort , great welcome and brilliant food , if not on the menu just ask for what you want and how you want it and Vasos will make it happen , Best part is the bill at the end. We visit there several times each time we come to Cyprus and even with wine rarely go anywhere near 20 Euros a head .
Lincoln

Re: Palia Elektriki

Post by Lincoln »

The Old Town is a BIG place. perhaps if you could give us a clue to where it is please.
All things are possible
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

I would also recommend this restaurant. Unfortunately, it is close to the major roadworks at the moment but still worth a visit.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Palli ... 32.4216771
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Thank you Scotslass. Know where it is now and easy to find.
All things are possible
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Eaten there on a number of occasions and it's always been excellent!
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

There's no problem accessing this excellent restaurant now with easy parking in the new car park. A firm favourite with us the food is consistently excellent and beautifully presented.

Pete
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

Another restaurant worth the visit. Great service and great food.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Am I allowed to say that I have been once, earlier this year, and was disappointed, considering the hype that this place has?

On the day, the special was meatballs. Sounds good, I thought. When it arrived, it was with chips and a very mediocre salad. That's all - no sauce whatsoever. I've never had - or served - meatballs without a sauce. The meal was dry and underwhelming.

My wife had salmon, which she said was quite good, but again all she got with it was the same salad and chips side dishes that I had. Another "dry" plate of food.

The setting is lovely, I have to agree, but that's all it had going for us.
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Were you eating their fixed price lunch menu or a la carte?

Meatballs or keftethes in Cyprus are not served in a sauce and tend to be quite a dry mix.

We don't eat there more than a few times a year but have never been disappointed in the evenings with their excellent quality, beautifully served dishes.

Pete
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Perhaps my use of the word "sauce" was misleading.

According to Kopiaste website (the Greek equivalent to Larousse):

"Keftedes (pr. kehf-TEH-dhes) are juicy Greek meatballs". Mine weren't juicy at all.

Kopiaste also says:
"Serve as a main dish with pasta or Fried Potatoes the Greek Way and a  Greek Salad  with some tzatziki or Garlicky cucumber yoghurt salad or Yoghurt Sauce". (the random use of capital letters is none of my doing!) None of the last three items accompanied the dish. The salad was some lettuce, onion and julienned carrot.

My point is that, having selected the "Special of the Day" (at lunch), I expected something, well, special. And it wasn't.

Clearly dining in the evening is recommended as being far better than lunch. Perhaps we'll give it go with fingers crossed.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

We have only ever eaten here during the day (probably around a dozen times in total) and have always had great food and great service. We will go back again when next in Paphos.