Blue Olive Restaurant

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Lincoln

Blue Olive Restaurant

Post by Lincoln »

This was our first visit to the Blue Olive since the new owners took over (Richard & Julie) 99067036. Now the very good news for a lot of people is this; Completely NON SMOKING restaurant. Wow that is brilliant. :D

We called before to book the table and tell them of my wife's allergies, no problem they said and they were most accomodating. There was a Country singer to entertain everyone, as we all knew the words we also joined in. A great evening out.

We had the three course meal, 1/2 caraffe of wine. Gin and Tonic, two bottles of water all for €55.00 inclusive of tip's. :D

Will certainly be going again.
All things are possible
LouiseCastricum

Re: Blue Olive Restaurant

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I was told that the Blue Olive has been closed as per May 1st.
Louise :)
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Louise, look at Lincoln's posting date
David
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have seen a few 'For Sale' adverts since approx 20th March 2018.
ast

Post by ast »

This restaurant always gets decent reviews but the owners never appear to last long, it has had numerous ones in the past, perhaps it's the location ??
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes maybe. The location isn’t easy to find being some way from the Coral Bay ‘strip’.
Also the layout there is unusual due to the pillars. Diners have to sit on the L shaped periphery of the restaurant.which exposes you to the elements be it cold in Winter or heat in Summer. Owners who Richard & Judy bought it from seemed to have built up a good clientele. But unfortunately they retired.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Seems to have had different owners each time I have visited over many years. Usually only went for a meal when there was a theme night so by no means a regular customer and agree with Kili01 comments regarding location and layout and yes, the previous owners had a good following.