Fish n Chips

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
memory man

Re: Fish n Chips

Post by memory man »

PaphosAL wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:10 pm They used to have another branch on TOTK road, on the right, driving from Paphos to Coral Bay. Is that still there, I wonder?

Cheers-AL :)

yes
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We used to go to the one on TOTK rd. that was earlier this year. But we now favour another place serving Fish & Chips
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Railway Inn in Chloraka does great fish and chips!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm We used to go to the one on TOTK rd. that was earlier this year. But we now favour another place serving Fish & Chips
Dare we ask where, Trev 'n Hil, please? Paradiso, perhaps? Cheers- AL ;)
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No not the Paradiso 'aL' it is called the Paradise Restaurant... Have you tried it ? What did you think of the Fish and chips there ?? Would you recommend them ??
Trev..
Tankmanchris

Post by Tankmanchris »

Last year during our Spring visit we went to the Paradise as it was so well reported on.

The result was the only negative report I have ever made in Trip Advisor. Poor service, patio stank of cat pee. Scruffy unkempt proprietor who seemed to be in a trance when we told him we would pay for our drinks and go elsewhere.

We went to Rileys on the TOK Road on the rebound and were in no way disappointed, in fact we were glad it had worked out that way. We usually prefer the Kentroikon in Mandria but it was getting on in the evening so we didn't fancy the drive.

Sadly, despite many positive reports, the Paradise is definitely "struck off" in our case. It is worthy of note that there are many other places in and around Paphos where Fish & Chips can be enjoyed to a good standard.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We still use the Paradise Restaurant for good fish and chips most Fridays... They have other fish dishes on the 'Friday fish day' menu as well... We were there for the Good Value Sunday Lunch two days ago... They were fully booked so they must be getting something right..
Trev..
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Trev,
The restaurant opposite the fire station and near KFC is run by the sister of the Mandria chippie people and they are equally as good but cost more than a fiver.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I prefer the view of the sea and the bay from the Paradise to looking out on the Fire Station.. But, I have not tried their fish and chips. If Mandria was nearer I would go there more often, but not the one mentioned above. But the one I call the original one :-)
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

My favourite Fish n’chip places are at Mandria and Santa Marina at Coral Bay, always consistantly good. Horses for courses....
Dee
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Must admit, we use Santa Marina when we fancy fish & chips ............... never been disappointed yet! Have been to Mandria but nice as it was it's too far out to go to unless you are out that way for another reason!

Shane
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We had, up till recently always gone to Santa Marina. Now because of one bad tripadvisor complaint they will not let dogs in the outside area, their loss.
David
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We are one of Mouse's regulars, we sit outside on the patio with our quiet dog..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Is Santa Marina near the roundabout at Coral Bay? If so we had fish and chips there once and didn't really rate them. Our daughter goes to an after school art club during term time, on Fridays. We drop her off, then spend a couple of hours wandering about, and enjoying a takeaway of some description. We've had some nice kebabs, but occasionally we fancy a fry up. There is a Fish and Chip shop next to RSS logistics on the way in to Peyia. The fish there is really really nice, but they are let down by their chips which taste on the two occasions we have visited, as if they have been reheated from yesterday. I am not saying that they have been, but that is what they tasted like. We put up with that because the fish really was yummy. Once we went to the fish and chip restaurant by the roundabout. The chips were nicer, but the fish was no where near as nice.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Yes, Santa Marina is near the roundabout, on the right hand side as you head down the main road. Must admit we've eaten in their several times & the fish/chips/mushy peas have always been great and my wife is fussy with fish ......... but not with husbands obviously! ;)

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Anybody had the fish and chips at the Stroumpi Tavern?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes we have, as a takeaway, but it was a while back when the present people had just started there.
They were OK.. but nothing special... If I were you I would give them a try..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have to agree with Rileys on the Tombs of the king's road the best F&C shop, and I also agree Val ( An ex-neighbor) and her people are doing an excellent takeaway, you can eat in the venue too.

Also, there is a Mondays discount and is a lot cheaper than any other day at the shop.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We went Paradise , yesterday...still very good and still great value .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We were at the Paradise restaurant last night for fish and chip. We were there for almost a couple of hours listening to the Music Man playing his records and taking requests..
It has got to be the best value around at €5 for a meal..
Trev..