Fish n Chips

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Lincoln

Re: Fish n Chips

Post by Lincoln »

The Aquila wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 pm From memory it was around €7.00 but I can't be 100% sure but will check next time I am passing(unless you beat me to it)
Thanks for that, I usually go to the paradise resraurant on a Friday for Fish n Chips but tried the railway for a change. They all seem to serve decent meals and portion size. So the deciding factor for me is COST and Ambiance. :)
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well although the Paradise advertise Friday as Fish and chip day, you can have Scampi or fishcakes..
I had fishcakes last Friday and they were good for a change, complete with chips, mushy peas and bread and butter for €5..

Trev..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They are certainly healthy..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Surely fish & Chips is a matter of taste, I have been to the Mandria restaurant several times but did not like that thin flappy batter, my taste is for crunchy type, my usual haunt has unfortunately long closed in Chloraka, not really found a good alternative, but the one opposite (nearly) the fire station on the airport road called "Pipero" we found excellent, no long drive either for us, proper batter large portions, all I say is give them a try, they do a take away and delivery, but remember packaging will make any F&C droop!

The last visit a large Haddock and chips cost €11.60. served of course.

Austin you will need to lose that belly to fit in that lovely Ferrari lucky you, if it is a real one. 8-) Actifry chips are they chips?, I binned my unit, 40 minutes to cook a hand full of chips, nope. :cry:

This was a visit to Mandria, sorry but that fish looks and was limp and very cheerless.

Just had F&C from Riley's on the Tombs Rd towards town, excellent, well done to Val the new owner.
Last edited by JimX on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Had cod and chips last night at Santa Marina at Coral Bay strip. Great as always. And very friendly service. Might not be as cheap as some of the places in Chloraka but the ambience of the location of course is quite different.

A.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

The F&C restauarant that I used to frequent two or three times weekly was in Woolworths St, tucked between McDonalds and the Daphne apartments. They later opened a second branch out on TOTK road. Was it Mandria? I've forgotten, doh...

Always busy, excellent food, great value, could never fault it. My Daughter and grandkids said it was the best F&C they had ever had, on the Sat evening they were flying back to UK, after a week's stay with me.

But I think the original one in Kato Paphos shut down a few years ago, sadly.. Does anyone have an update on what happened to bring that about, please?

Thanks- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Lofos-5 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:38 am Had cod and chips last night at Santa Marina at Coral Bay strip. Great as always. And very friendly service. Might not be as cheap as some of the places in Chloraka but the ambience of the location of course is quite different.

A.
Santa Maria is the name on the table cloths at Mandria .
June

Post by June »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 pm The F&C restauarant that I used to frequent two or three times weekly was in Woolworths St, tucked between McDonalds and the Daphne apartments. They later opened a second branch out on TOTK road. Was it Mandria? I've forgotten, doh...

Always busy, excellent food, great value, could never fault it. My Daughter and grandkids said it was the best F&C they had ever had, on the Sat evening they were flying back to UK, after a week's stay with me.

But I think the original one in Kato Paphos shut down a few years ago, sadly.. Does anyone have an update on what happened to bring that about, please?

Thanks- AL :?
I think you might be referring to the Moulia Restaurants?
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

YES! Thanks, June, for putting me outa my misery! Moulia Fish Restaurant it definately was!

Directly opposite Moulia F&C (in Woolworth Street) was another little taverna, run by an elderly GC couple. We used them many times too, as their F&C were to die for, and excellent value..

Last visit there, I had my Wife and Mother-in Law with me. Just as we sat down to peruse the menu, workers outside fired up very noisy angle grinders and pneumatic drills to make a very large hole in road... Right place, but wrong time, sadly. We apologised and left to eat elsewhere.

Cheers- AL :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Which street is 'Woolworth Street' and why :-) ???
Trev..
June

Post by June »

Lidas, where Woolworths used to be?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I never knew there was a Woolworths here. Before my time obviously ;-)
Trev..
June

Post by June »

I'm surprised at that Trev, I thought you were before me but yes Woolworths was in what was the Debenhams building plus part of Papantinou across the way. Prices were interesting, same as UK but in Cyprus£'s :)
memory man

Post by memory man »

I think the changeover from Woolworths to Debenhams happened circa 2004.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ah, we arrived at the end of 2006 :-)
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Again we went to the Paradise restaurant for fish and chips at lunch time today... They are open from 12 noon until late in the evening.
I had cod in light tempura batter with chips, mushy peas, and bread and butter..
My wife had Scampi and chips, with salad, and bread and butter..
The cost for both meals, a grand total of €10
Trev..
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

That sounds great value, Trev! Reminiscent of my old Moullia F&C days. No drinks? Not even a cup of tea?

Cheers- AL :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Oh yes you can have drinks. I usually have a Carlesburg and my wife usually has wine..
We have just been discussing what time to do the shopping tomorrow so we can have F&C for lunch :-)
Trev..
donandpam

Post by donandpam »

Moulia haven't closed in fact they are back where they started. About 15 years ago they were on Poseidonos on the sea front opposite the swimming baths. McDonalds arrived in Paphos and Moulia were persuaded (££££) to vacate their prime location and move further back away from the front into Lidas (Woolworth's Street). It still remained quite busy but never as popular as when they were on the front. Now that McDonalds have moved onto the Tombs of the Kings Avenue Moulia have taken back their lease on the sea front and moved back to their old home but now have quite a posh looking restaurant. (Always used to be plastic tablecloths etc but not now :-) ) Haven't tried it yet but it used to be THE Best F&C in Paphos.
D&P
Don & Pam
:ugeek: & :P
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Thanks D&P for this input (and history!) regarding Moullia F&C!

Let's hope that PL members living in or around Paphos give the new-style Moullias a try for a Fish 'n Chip supper, and report back on their experience? They used to have another branch on TOTK road, on the right, driving from Paphos to Coral Bay. Is that still there, I wonder?

Cheers-AL :)