Monthly Container

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Aargent

Monthly Container

Post by Aargent »

For those who are forced to buy from people who won't send, I had this problem with an undersized fridge I could not get here, Lee Horne operates a monthly container service. You can look up the details and schedule etc on LHUKCY. You have to arrange delivery to his Courier in Hemel Hempstead, and you have to plan ahead as it takes some time to get here and you pick up from his Tremithousa Depot. Often UK suppliers deliver free and a small packet is just a few euros to get here, obviously large is more expensive, I think a full pallet is about € 60. I think he will deliver for a fee.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
J B

Re: Monthly Container

Post by J B »

I know I shouldn't be a pedant, sorry :oops:

I had a quote from LHUKCY, but the fact that they couldn't spell Tremithousa or Paphos disappointed me a little.
:oops:
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We used LHUKCY to get a trampoline shipped to Cyprus which Amazon had been unable to. Worked a charm, and at under 50 euros it was about 70 euros cheaper than what Amazon then tried to charge for shipping.

I collected it myself from their warehouse, so cannot comment on their delivery, but as far as the actual process of getting it here to Cyprus, they succeeded where Amazon failed consistently for over two months.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Houdinibun

Post by Houdinibun »

Termites Dream, so who do/did you use and how does it work? As Dominic says we used LHUKCY for a trampoline but that was a particularly large and heavy item so other options are always gratefully received...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

She is my wife. It was the same trampoline. :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Termites Dream wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm When I said I eventually got a quote, I was being diplomatic. He could not work it out, I had to, and I lost confidence. I would suggest if anything goes wrong you are on your own. After several emails and a conversation---well confidence was an issue for me. I was trying to follow admin guidelines in my response to Argent, but admins vote of support is fine, but not with my goods I am afraid. If you wish to use Lee thats a matter for you and I am sure others have perfectly successfully---but not me.
For the record, when I post as Dominic, I am posting as a member of the site. My recommendation or opinion is no more valid than anybody else's. If you had a good result with this other company then I am more than happy for you to mention it here, as it is equally valid.

All I would say though, putting the admin hat on for a moment, is that you should post a separate thread for the shipper that you used. It would be most welcome, I assure you.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am glad you haver not had anything go missing. It is distressing when things do go astray and don;t turn up.

Trev..
Trev..