Olive Tree Polemi,cash only

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
tonee

Olive Tree Polemi,cash only

Post by tonee »

Lovely meals as always,ten of us but come to pay by card and said cash only,no card machine,surprised me as it can be busy at times.
trevnhil

Re: Olive Tree Polemi,cash only

Post by trevnhil »

Obviously the rule / law has not yet been brought in where businesses have to allow customers the choice of card or cash
Trev..
tonee

Post by tonee »

Perhaps a sign telling customers its cash only would be helpful!
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Many village tavernas only accept cash. I am surprised you didn't know that.
David
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I'm fairly sure there is no Law in any country in Europe that requires that you must take card payments, you can choose what form of payments you take, I.E. Cash, cheques, debit card, credit card perhaps accept credit cards but not Visa cards, however the EU law says that you can not differentiate on price, so you can not discount for cash or charge more for a card.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But quite often you can get a better price for cash ... At least we have been able to, but I certainly would not name which outlet it was
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

As the law about tax returns for everyone has now been passed perhaps the law on credit cards will also become law .

This from last year .

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/10/23/gove ... zvAqqkSObU
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I think at the moment their is only one company in CY that facilitates card payments and that's JCC. It would be unlawful not to have at least one other facilitator to provide that service.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I saw just a couple of days ago, that the cashback at supermarkets is through RCB.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Last Castle was always cash only..... remember seeing a tourist being told to go back to Coral Bay to get cash to pay .....
He was bemused....
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/06/16/busi ... dit-cards/

I don’t know for certain if the Decree referred to in the article was actually issued but it seems that the days of cash only are numbered. Suits me.

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ooooh I wonder if a certain Pharmacy will have to take a card when this becomes law ;-)
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I don't know of any pharmacy that doesn't take cards, I visit quite a few depending on where I am travelling at the time, one opposite the silos in Anavargos gives a discount if you pay cash, but will accept cards.
David
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is.... or was, a Pharmacy on Polis road that would not accept a card for prescriptions. You had to pay for prescribed medication by cash. This was earlier this year..
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:14 am There is.... or was, a Pharmacy on Polis road that would not accept a card for prescriptions. You had to pay for prescribed medication by cash. This was earlier this year..
Still the case Trevor.

Ian