New:: Restaurant in Tala square, that does Fish&Chip's as takeaways.

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
memory man

Re: New:: Restaurant in Tala square, that does Fish&Chip's as takeaways.

Post by memory man »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:57 pm
Uncle D wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48 am I think that there is confusion, 'Large/small beer battered' its a beer batter that is used, you do not get a Beer as part of the price
:lol: I was just playing along - I thought Memory Man was too ;)
He was :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You lot will argue about anything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Oh no they won't ;-)
Trev..
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Getting back to Jim’s original post — We haven’t done the takeaway fish & chips but have eaten in the restaurant several times & can recommend it. Lovely young couple who run it & the menu changes regularly.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes Cactuslil they do seem a nice couple and as soon as it warms up we will be trying the menu, outside of course because we have a small dog who always comes with us. Meanwhile I will use it's take away F&C very soon again. :P
Jim.
aphrodite

Re: New:: Fish & chip restaurant in Tala square

Post by aphrodite »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 pm
Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:46 pm
Lincoln wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:04 pm Hmm, this is NOT a Fish n Chip shop. It is a family restaurant.
Nobody says it was. Jim said it was a restaurant that did takeaway fish and chips as well.
The Heading quite clearly states "Fish & chip restaurant" in tala square. There is NO Fish and Chip restaurant in Tala Square. Hence my comment. All the restaurants in TALA sell Fish n Chips. :mrgreen:
I must admit, after reading through this thread, I understood that Lincoln simply said that most restaurants in Tala have fish and chips on their menu but nowhere did he say that other restaurants in Tala do takeaways! That’s what I understood unless I’ve missed something! :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

aphrodite wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 pm
Lincoln wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 pm
Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Nobody says it was. Jim said it was a restaurant that did takeaway fish and chips as well.
The Heading quite clearly states "Fish & chip restaurant" in tala square. There is NO Fish and Chip restaurant in Tala Square. Hence my comment. All the restaurants in TALA sell Fish n Chips. :mrgreen:
I must admit, after reading through this thread, I understood that Lincoln simply said that most restaurants in Tala have fish and chips on their menu but nowhere did he say that other restaurants in Tala do takeaways! That’s what I understood unless I’ve missed something! :)
Nobody is saying that Lincoln said that. It was something Jim said.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

JimX wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 am Lincoln, where did I post it was a fish and chip shop???

Lincolns post ''Hmm, this is NOT a Fish n Chip shop. It is a family restaurant''

I posted it was indeed a restaurant, they sell take away F&Cs they were excellent, as I also said '' they also do F&C's take away that we thought excellent well worth a try'' The take away we found excellent and I will go again, if you live nearby as we do it will become a regular restaurant not only for take aways, I wish the young couple every success.

Lincoln you said all restaurants in Tala square do fish and chip takeaways, please name them and I will try them all..

Uncle D and yes I asked about dogs they are OK with them outside....not recommended at the moment. :D

This section is about restaurant and other eating establishments, and this post I made is just that.
Sorry, misunderstood, I thought Jim was suggesting Lincoln did say it, I’ve underlined sentence, but I can’t see where Lincoln actually did say this. Oh why did I interfere, not worth it, just trying to help, I’m out of it now. :roll:
JimX

Post by JimX »

OK let's get this straight, the restaurant in question is called Martikas Kitchen and yes they do a lovely Fish & Chip take away and yes your pets can sit outside if you decide to eat off the menu (see web link I posted), I do not know of any other establishment in Tala square that does this also, if anyone knows I for one will try it out, Try it if you are up that way!
Last edited by JimX on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just read through the thread, going for a lie down, confused ? you will be :lol:
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We ate in few weeks ago at about 1.30 pm , great fish and chips plus they have done it up nice with good furniture.
Last edited by Mrblobby on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Update, tried the F&C take away again Friday, unfortunately not so good as the previous visit, fish was not good flat and boney, the chips were over cooked and very hard, sorry to post this with the hope the new owners take it as good knowledge to improve. Will try again in the near future.
Jim.
Gharmjnr

Post by Gharmjnr »

Hi Jim, thank you for starting this topic on our restaurant.
Just wanted to touch base with you about the last takeaway Fish & Chips you had from us. It looks like you had a takeaway when we were having difficulty sourcing our normal batch of cod. We had no choice but to use what our supplier gave us that week.
We have now plenty of stock of our normal cod, and we know that these fillets are meaty just like the first time you came to us.
I really hope we haven’t lost your custom as I can promise this was a blip. We do get a large number of compliments on our Fish, and hope this continues.
Next time you’re in, please let me know.
Kind Regards
Graham @ Martika’s Kitchen
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hi Graham, if you send me details of your restaurant (contact details and address, plus any website or fb presence) I will add it to the Restaurant Directory.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Graham.

Thank you for the information on what happened I have no intentions of not using your establishment again, in the hope all is well now, again I wish you both all the best.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Update....Last night we tried again for a take away F&C it was excellent and we will be a regular, just one thing Graham maybe use containers not wrapped in paper (yes I know traditional) as removing fish is difficult and sticks to the paper, I wish you all success and will be back soon.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I don't like polystyrene containers they make everything go soggy.
Traditionally grease proof paper is used with the wrapping paper, Its cheaper and better for the environment.
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

Well Uncle that is what you will get...personally as I only live a mile or so away I would prefer a container, the paper sticks to the fish, but the Cod was excellent.
Jim.