The Lodge at the triangle

If you have had a fine dining experience, or just top nosebag, and want to sing the eatery's praises then post about them here. No trade posts please, and keep it to one recommendation per thread. If a restaurant already has a thread, and you want to praise them too, then just add a comment to that thread. This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Post Reply
STELIOSBWFC
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: Salford

The Lodge at the triangle

Post by STELIOSBWFC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Has anyone been here on a Sunday. 25 Euro for a buffet and beers and wine included. 12pm till 3pm every Sunday. That is 6 pints for me and a belly full of food for 25 Euro, bargain. :lol:

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:58 pm

The Lodge is probably one of the best rastaurants in Paphos, the Sunday buffet is exceptional....Leon Lager, white, red and sparkling wine by the bottle..okay a bit cheap and cheerful, the wine that is but for €25 you will not have a Better Sunday lunch in the area. And the entertainment, which I believe is still the Black Cabs...fantastic.
Certa Cito

Flossie
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Kissonerga

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Flossie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Had an appalling 'romantic meal' there one Valentines a few years ago - dessert was an upside down imitation cornetto style ice cream plonked on a plate surrounded with squirty cream!! Had been before quite a few times and enjoyed it but since then we've never went back!!

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:56 am
Location: Chloraka

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Lincoln » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 pm

We went and were disapointed. We did discuss it with the staff who did not seem interested. Never been back and never will.
All things are possible

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Steaks are gorgeous.....a few years ago Flossie? I think it opened in 2015... Sure you have the right place?

http://www.thebraailodge.com
Certa Cito

User avatar
Lofos-Jan
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Lofos, Tala

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Lofos-Jan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 pm

I think it's probably been open a good five years now

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

User avatar
Cactuslil
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:41 am

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Cactuslil » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 pm

I would agree with Lincoln. We went a few times & enjoyed it but then had a bad experience & staff weren't interested. Never been back.

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:31 am

Lofos-Jan wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 pm
I think it's probably been open a good five years now

Jeanne
Really? Doesn't time fly...I stand corrected...
Certa Cito

User avatar
PaphosAL
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:27 pm
Location: Luton UK (Heart: Paphos)

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by PaphosAL » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 am

As to the OP, there is NO way I could honestly down 6 pints of ale AND wine and a bellyfull of unlimited buffet food like that...

I would want to doggy-bag the whole shebang back to my apartment, and make it last the whole week at that price, €25 !!!

HOW people can down that amount of food and drink in one sitting beggars belief to me, TBH...

Here in rip-off Britain, I've gotten used to eating for (typically) £1 to £2 per day, on my own now. Excellent grub, too! But this is supermarket bought grub, to be cooked and eaten at home, not restaurant meals... Can you match this in Paphos?

Remember, that in UK, when you're an OAP, and winter approaches, you have to choose whether to heat, or eat... Probably why a lot of older folk stay in bed a lot longer, in order to stay warm under their duvet!

Cheers- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...

Flossie
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 am
Location: Kissonerga

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Flossie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 am

Hudswell wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm
Steaks are gorgeous.....a few years ago Flossie? I think it opened in 2015... Sure you have the right place?

http://www.thebraailodge.com
Oh yes definitely the right place - it's been open a fair while now! Our rubbish meal must've been 3 or 4 yrs ago.

:lol:

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am

PaphosAL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 am
As to the OP, there is NO way I could honestly down 6 pints of ale AND wine and a bellyfull of unlimited buffet food like that...

I would want to doggy-bag the whole shebang back to my apartment, and make it last the whole week at that price, €25 !!!

HOW people can down that amount of food and drink in one sitting beggars belief to me, TBH...

Here in rip-off Britain, I've gotten used to eating for (typically) £1 to £2 per day, on my own now. Excellent grub, too! But this is supermarket bought grub, to be cooked and eaten at home, not restaurant meals... Can you match this in Paphos?

Remember, that in UK, when you're an OAP, and winter approaches, you have to choose whether to heat, or eat... Probably why a lot of older folk stay in bed a lot longer, in order to stay warm under their duvet!

Cheers- AL :?
Its not really a buffet, its more like a Meze served at your table but larger portions! ..and yes if you want you can take a doggy bag, and yes it is excellent value for money at €25.
Certa Cito

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Must be just me then ! 😳 But Tripadvisor seems to agree with me 😉
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... trict.html

Stellios check out the 3rd review down "Very Good Value" it explains what you get for the Sunday lunch.
Certa Cito

STELIOSBWFC
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: Salford

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by STELIOSBWFC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Hudswell wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am
PaphosAL wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 am
As to the OP, there is NO way I could honestly down 6 pints of ale AND wine and a bellyfull of unlimited buffet food like that...

I would want to doggy-bag the whole shebang back to my apartment, and make it last the whole week at that price, €25 !!!

HOW people can down that amount of food and drink in one sitting beggars belief to me, TBH...

Here in rip-off Britain, I've gotten used to eating for (typically) £1 to £2 per day, on my own now. Excellent grub, too! But this is supermarket bought grub, to be cooked and eaten at home, not restaurant meals... Can you match this in Paphos?

Remember, that in UK, when you're an OAP, and winter approaches, you have to choose whether to heat, or eat... Probably why a lot of older folk stay in bed a lot longer, in order to stay warm under their duvet!

Cheers- AL :?
Its not really a buffet, its more like a Meze served at your table but larger portions! ..and yes if you want you can take a doggy bag, and yes it is excellent value for money at €25
6 pints was just my starter AL :lol:

STELIOSBWFC
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: Salford

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by STELIOSBWFC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Hudswell wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm
Must be just me then ! 😳 But Tripadvisor seems to agree with me 😉
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... trict.html

Stellios check out the 3rd review down "Very Good Value" it explains what you get for the Sunday lunch.
I will give it ago and see. Sounds OK for 25 notes anyway. Thanks HW. :D

User avatar
PaphosAL
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:27 pm
Location: Luton UK (Heart: Paphos)

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by PaphosAL » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:24 pm

I suppose the 6 pints of beer on their own could account for around €15 of the €25 bill, at typical prices nearby in other bars? Or am I way out of date here?

Which does appear to make the Lodge fantastic value for money IF your stomach can take in copious quantities of food AND beverages, which mine can't (one or the other for me...)

Cheers- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...

User avatar
Mrblobby
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 am

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Mrblobby » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

We enjoy it every now and again . The live music by Black Cab is great , we are wine drinkers , and has been said they will bring you a fresh bottle when you ask for it . The deep fried pita bread strips and dip is excellent ....worth going for alone , but there is so much more . And the staff are great and so friendly . Recommend , worth a try .

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 am

So, went back there last night for a late anniversary meal, just the two of us. Beautiful meal and excellent service, friendly and attentive. A complementary plate of deep fried pita and dipping sauce, Chicken wings and ribs for starters and fish platters for main, all washed down with a lovely chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (South African of course). We really could not have received better service, the place was probably half full, the meal was well paced and the staff extremely friendly. Oh and a complementary bottle of fizz to take away with us which was very thoughtful. €75 including the tip (service not included😉)
Certa Cito

Hudswell
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: The Lodge at the triangle

Post by Hudswell » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Sunday lunch today...menu has changed slightly to accommodate much better south African wine, €25 a head, food was gorgeous, chicken livers so good...ribs to die for...salad, fries, red rice, chicken wings...pork chop and potatoes with a hint of curry sauce...and Black cab providing the entertainment..oh and Leon if you want a beer...simply the best...if you haven't tried this place...you are really missing out.
Certa Cito

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest