Good Meze - not modernised.

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Tankmanchris

Good Meze - not modernised.

Post by Tankmanchris »

Some years ago we were blown away by the Meze and hospitality we enjoyed at the 7 St. Georges. We are now reading and hearing talk of the sons having let old George's standards slip. Is anybody in a position, by virtue of personal experience, to throw any light on this?

We have been to Costa's at Koloni only once but despite being a smoker myself we were put off by the smoke from the log fire permeating throughout the restaurant and also by the fact that the young proprietors were trying to present traditional Cypriot food in a "fine dining" way.

What we are looking for is a good Meze, served in a rustic and traditional manner.

Am I nowadays looking for a thing of the past?
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Good Meze - not modernised.

Post by Dominic »

Xenos?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

foreigners !!
Last edited by aphrodite on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

The taverna in Kallepia does a very good meze. Traditional place, very welcoming , comfortable and warm
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

I endorse the last 2 posts, Vrasidas and Kallepia (To Konatzi Tis Kallepias), which you will also note have mainly Cypriots eating there.

Pete
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Ta Perix in Moutallos is by far the best meze I've tried. This is mainly because YOU choose what's in the menu. The owner or chef brings a list of the day's dishes - all fresh veg, no humous, tara in sight - and you decide what you fancy. The chef then suggests how much of each dish you'll need for your party (half a portion, one portion, two portions and so on). Unusual things appear on the menu, such as pigeon, aubergine balls etc. Best to book or Friday and Saturday. Always full and mainly Cypriots. Off the beaten track so few ex-pats.