Duomo Italian Restaurant, TOKR

If you have had a fine dining experience, or just top nosebag, and want to sing the eatery's praises then post about them here. No trade posts please, and keep it to one recommendation per thread. If a restaurant already has a thread, and you want to praise them too, then just add a comment to that thread. This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Happy in Cyprus

Duomo Italian Restaurant, TOKR

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:49 am

Last night we enjoyed another amazing meal at Duomo. This restaurant never fails to impress in the quality, range and inventiveness of it's fare. It was teeming with floor staff when we went in and we wondered how they would all be gainfully employed, as ours was the only table occupied at 7 pm. Being bang in the middle of the tourist area Duomo is heavily dependent on tourists for trade, which is why it is normally packed out, reservations only. But no matter, despite the complete absence of visitors, by the time we left the place was two thirds full.

This is a high end restaurant with prices which reflect the quality which permeates every aspect of it's running, from food and service through to ambience and decor. The eventual bill might have brought a tear to our eyes, but the discount card issued by Peter the owner and available only to people who live here full time, brought the total bill down by 25% to prices which now seemed a bargain.

I won't run thorough what each of us had, save to say that it was perfect in every way and we all thoroughly enjoyed. Here are the TA reviews, which for obvious reasons are only current to mid March: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... trict.html Can very highly recommend this restaurant. Being a dessert person, my Panna Cotta was beyond divine - one of the best I have ever had:
Attachments
20200606_202352 3.jpeg
20200606_202352 3.jpeg (158.4 KiB) Viewed 743 times

Cactuslil

Re: Duomo Italian Restaurant, TOKR

Post by Cactuslil » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Love this place. In the summer it’s packed out with tourists & locals.They must have moved a lot of tables to conform with the guidelines.

Happy in Cyprus

Re: Duomo Italian Restaurant, TOKR

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:05 am

I didn't get my measuring tape out, but the tables were comfortably spaced out and we felt at ease. Plenty of cleaning going on throughout the evening.

The 2m separation is little more than an arbitrary figure conjured up by governments for use in advertising campaigns. The UK is currently in talks with the Dutch and Danish governments to establish 1m separation as being the new norm for hospitality establishments. Most restaurants cannot survive with ongoing 2m table separation.