Gwennie's red tape service

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Mark

Gwennie's red tape service

Post by Mark »

Apologies in advance for yet another MEU3 post, but yesterday I finally took HIC's advice to visit Gwennie's ' office..

We took all paperwork as advised on this forum, spoke to Svetlana, an employee of red tape, she completed the paperwork and we signed. We then expected a wait of several months, not so.

We met Svetlana at immigration this morning, we were not seen by any immigration official, other than having our pics taken after a wait of 1 hour.

We then went to Gwennie's office to pay 280 euros, including 20 euros each for MEU 3 fees.

All done and dusted in 24 hours, so for us well worth it.

Thanks HIC and others for the heads up, we should have done it months ago!
Last edited by Mark on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Re: Gwennie's red tape service

Post by Mark »

I should add that I was one of those that felt my MEU1 would be enough to safeguard my family in the event of a no deal brexit, I pay tax on my pension etc etc.

My views have changed.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So why didn't you just do it yourself and save the 200 odd smackers?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Because if I went to immigration for an appointment, , it could have taken months plus a great deal of inconvenience.

The money I paid circumvented that, and produced a rapid result.

Without all the hassle

The money is irrelevant.
Mark

Post by Mark »

A result in 24 hours is just that, a result.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What great deal of inconvenience? Surely you just turn up at your appointment with your paperwork?
JimX

Post by JimX »

MEU3. Agents, the alternative view.

Again we found the whole process very easy after getting a date with an appointment that everyone has to get! also it did not takes months at all with no hassles either, we did not need or want any agents, we did in fact walked straight in to the Immigration office leaving all of those with agents still in the waiting room, the cost to us, nothing only the €20's for that fee, the total time in the immigration office took less than an hour, so why use an agent? maybe you have other problems regarding the MEU3 ? Happy you are sorted and as advised here many times get the MEU3 sap.

Just to point out we obtained our Title Deeds by ourselves, again we were told to get a lawyer and a handling agent, not needed on both occasions.
Jim.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

I agree with Jimx - arrived here 12 years ago, imported our car by ourselves, not knowing anyone here, or speaking Greek. Did our own immigration but did use an accountant for initial tax (not used him for 10 years now), did our title deeds, got my MEU3, changed driving license, etc and have never paid anyone to do it. Just a little patience and tolerance, and a smile instead of a rant goes a long way. 😀😀
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

As posted recently on Tala Community News:

If you already have the MEU1 [yellow slip] and have been here for 5 years, then you need to apply for your MEU3 [permanent residency]. Please note the procedure for this has changed in that you can now go down to Immigration with all the following documentation and they will process this whilst you wait [it is not known how long you may have to wait but it means if you go with all your paperwork you only have the one visit to make!]:

- completed MEU3 application - they will give you the simple form to complete when you arrive at Immigration. You can see the form and download copies if you wish [one per applicant] here moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf/All/D1D71A1CD6E43223C2257D2C00459524?OpenDocument
- Yellow slip [MEU1] and copy
-Rental agreement for last 5 years, and copy OR property sale contract and copy, OR title deed and copy
-Utility bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR
-Water or electric bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR
-Bank statements for last 5 years and copy OR
-Social insurance certificate for contributions for last 5 years by month and copy
-Passport and copy
-Marriage certificate and copy
-€20 per person application fee

The full 5 years must be covered by electric, phone, water bills or bank statements - if there is any gap the documents will not be accepted. The original paperwork will be handed back to you at the meeting.

Immigration will take a photograph of you at the time of your visit.

The MEU3 will be posted to you - if you give your postbox address please ensure you will be on the island to collect it as the Post Office tends to return documents if they are not collected from the box within a reasonable period of time - the form is then classed as lost and you then have to go through a procedure involving a visit to the court to swear that the document has not been received and pay an amount in stamps.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Not only MEU3 applicants but also MEU1 applicants are now being processed the same day according to posts from people who have been to Immigration this week.

sadie62: I read the following section as having to provide just the ONE DOCUMENT.

''Utility bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR -Water or electric bills or statement for last 5 years and copy OR -Bank statements for last 5 years and copy OR -Social insurance certificate for contributions for last 5 years by month and copy''.

You can get a letter free of charge from AIK (Electricity Board) that states you have been a customer for 5 years - we actually got a similar letter from CYTA and that was accepted. At the time of our application last year we had to provide much more paperwork, hence the Immigration Department has now cut back considerably on duplication of proof of the fact that you have been living here for at least 5 years.

I believe there is still no need for Wedding Certificate to be Apostilled for MEU3 application - at least no one has been for the interview and said their application was rejected because it had not been Apostilled. We were told that because it had been accepted for MEU1 application then there was no need

This is the on-line link to get a UK document Apostilled: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

sadie62 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:03 pm I wondered if you can clarify the following:
Utility bills for 5 years - do you need to submit 5 years worth of electric AND water or it is just one of these (OR suggests one or the other as opposed to AND suggesting all
Bank Statements - are these required if utility bills are submitted
Marriage certificate - if not married in Cyprus (i.e. the UK) does this need certifying at all, if so where (here in Cyprus or the UK) and who can do it

Many thanks
If you go to the Electricity Board Office they will print you out a synopsis which is only one page if I remember correctly, which is all you need.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

All the above queries can easily be sorted if one goes to see Gwenny! She will tell you exactly what documents to take....

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes and charge over 200 euros for the privilege.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

sadie62 - in response to a few points in your recent post.

1. Never heard or cannot find anything referring to a MEU4A or MEU 7C document, but if it starts with an 05 number then it is the same category as I was given when I was issued with Brown Alien Book when I moved here in May 2004 (Cyprus in EU then). Unaware there was even such a thing as a Yellow Slip in 2004 as later I had to apply for a Pink Slip which got swallowed up in the system and eventually got a MEU1 Yellow Slip in 2012. If your number starts 05 then would expect Marriage Certificate to not need Apostille for MEU3 application.

2. Likewise all utility bills are in my husband's name. Recommend your husband gets the letter from the electricity board in his name. We got round the system as the contents insurance on our apartment is in joint names and has residential address on it so able to use that as proof I lived there.

3. We were told some time ago by BHC and also read in various articles that as MEU3 holders the document will be replaced with an Identity Card with no further paperwork required - that's down to the Cypriot authorities.

3. You will be eligible for GESY healthcare once you have your MEU3 and because you have the S1 form you will not have to pay contributions.

4. As soon as your husband gets the letter from electricity board I suggest you go to the Immigration Office with the documents, get a number, attend the interview and if there is any further paperwork required the staff will advise you.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Mark wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 pm

We then went to Gwennie's office to pay 280 euros, including 20 euros each for MEU 3 fees.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Dominic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:03 am
Mark wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 pm

In other words 130 euros each.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

120?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

That was expensive.We walked in did ours on our own. Cost €20.00 x 2= €40.00 Quick and EASY.
All things are possible
Mark

Post by Mark »

Lofos-5 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:24 pm120?
Oops, yes it was 120.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

At least people now have an idea of how much it would cost if an agent is used.

How people spend their money is their own business.