Aluminium Guttering

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Jim B

Aluminium Guttering

Post by Jim B »

Has anyone had aluminium guttering installed recently. I've only seen plastic on offer at the DIY places which I can't see lasting that long here.

Jim
panoscouse

Re: Aluminium Guttering

Post by panoscouse »

I've used WindowRama on a couple of occasions as has friends of mine.
Highly recommended, quick and professional. Cost approx €35 a metre.
I would suggest keeping your plastic downpipes as aluminium ones have that ping ping sound when there is small drips from condensation etc.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Modern plastics, such as UPVC, are weather-resistant, even here. I've had UPVC windows and doors for over 10 years and they are still as good as the day they were installed. The white ones are best and need no maintenance, other than wiping the dust off with a damp cloth when the windows are cleaned. As I write, I see the house opposite has brown plastic guttering in perfect condition and I think it has been there for at least a dozen years.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks for your advice. I need about 65 metres so cost for aluminium is about €2,250. I'll price the UPVC on Monday.

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have upvc guttering. The colour has been pretty much OK.. The down pipes have faded, but I have painted them. There has been one or two brackets that have gone brittle and cracked..
Aluminium would be good... but at an expensive price..
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks Trev

Jim
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Jim B wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:58 pm Thanks for your advice. I need about 65 metres so cost for aluminium is about €2,250. I'll price the UPVC on Monday.

Jim
I am wondering why you want to spent that money for guttering, Jim. Sure you have one important reason for that, but the experience I had with guttering (metal and pvc) in my previous houses was, that after a short time they were blocked from either birds/doves nesting or other objects like nylon bags etc. Also in case of the heavy short downpours we have normally in Cyprus, they can't cope with the sudden amount of water. Another thing I observed was that the outlet of the vertical pipes has to be in a clever position, otherwise too much water there can create certain problems ( if it is near the pool, water easily can flow into it...like in my house at Neo Chorio.. :roll: Finally: if you are surrounded by garden area, water should go there, instead of directing it away to other areas...

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hi Max
We have an upstairs terrace that we can't use because of bird droppings rolling down off the roof and also is prone to flooding even though there are two drains. I can position three of four downspouts onto paved areas and one onto the entrance pathway which should keep rainwater away from the base.

Jim
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

Any recommendations to supply and fit some upvc guttering? We're in Kissonerga.

Any any idea on the cost to supply and fit? May be looking at about 30 metres...although I may be way out!

Cheers

Darrell