Winter let

Looking for an apartment to rent for a holiday or something a bit longer? Ask here.
ashlep

Winter let

Post by ashlep »

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Paphos in a little over 3 weeks. We are a couple in our early 30's with a friendly, house-trained 2.5 KG dog (pomeranian). We are having trouble finding an apartment (1 or 2 bedrooms) for the winter until early spring (March/April). We would like to find a cheap apartment for 5-6 months while we get familiar with the island and decide where to settle down permanently and get a house. So far, every place we have contacted online either says they can only do a 12 month lease or they don't allow dogs.

We require a place that is in a popular area (walking distance to shopping, restaurants, beach, supermarket etc) as we will not have a car when we first arrive. We also require a place that is fully furnished (including white goods).

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Ashley et Guillaume
Last edited by ashlep on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J B

Re: Winter let

Post by J B »

Just think of it that you are looking for a 'holiday let' and look at those sort of sites.
Ownersdirect?
Holiday Lettings?

Find a few that you fancy and send them a message asking for what you want.
Many will be glad of a booking over the winter. We certainly would but don't really have what you are looking for.
Don't forget that it's winter, so heating may be needed.

:)
J B
ashlep

Post by ashlep »

Hello, thank you. I have found many winter lets, unfortunately every single one has rejected a small pet and a lot of them are too expensive (charge by the day instead of by the month). We are looking for a November to April or May let and are even considering longer term if anyone will just accept our dog...no luck so far though :( I will keep on searching.

-Ashley
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Maybe you should look further afield, being close to beach means holiday let area and therefore higher prices, if you stayed in Peyia for instance there are buses down to Coral bay that has most things that you seem to want including a big supermarket that will give you a lift home if you have a large shop and no car. also buses from Coral bay to Paphos on a regular basis.
But you will need to hire a car if you want to take your dog everywhere with you, not many beaches allow dogs 'm afraid
David
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

It may be easier to find a longish let once you are actually here and can chat to locals in the village coffeeshops or supermarkets.

Sorry I cannot help, both my properties are tenanted.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
J B

Post by J B »

Have you tried Mr Rent? http://www.mrrent-paphos.net/

Have you looked on the PEG Facebook page?
J B
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Our daughter has an apartment in Geriskipou which is in easy walk to the square and the amenities - if you are interested please let me know and I will pass on your interest