Pool back wash and waste water

For the green fingered and water lovers.
lefkes

Pool back wash and waste water

Post by lefkes »

For fourteen years the back wash and waste water from cleaning the pool have been pumped through my garden wall onto a field , For some reason the owner of the field[ which has never been used for crops or any other purposes ] has decided to block the pipe with cement . What are my options now and how do other pool owners cope with waste water ??.
Would be grateful for any replies .Lefkes.
Uncle D

Re: Pool back wash and waste water

Post by Uncle D »

lefkes wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:03 pm For fourteen years the back wash and waste water from cleaning the pool have been pumped through my garden wall onto a field , For some reason the owner of the field[ which has never been used for crops or any other purposes ] has decided to block the pipe with cement . What are my options now and how do other pool owners cope with waste water ??.
Would be grateful for any replies .Lefkes.
Not sure how big your property is but our waste goes directly into our garden, it soaks into the ground overnight.
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

David

Yes we used to do the same, it never harmed our plants. Our shower water in the en-suite used to run onto our garden too.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Thanks Jackie, as long as the Chlorine levels aren't too high it should be harmless
David
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

My backwash water goes into a large white plastic tank and is pumped from there up to smaller barrels more conveniently located for filling watering cans so I can readily water my potted plants, by which time any chlorine has long dissipated.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
lotus

Post by lotus »

My Cypriot neighbour lets it run down the hill outside our house,it's like a tidal wave ,keeps the road clean though
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

How often should a back wash be done. Any advice appreciated.
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Wonders never cease. The pool cleaner did a BACKWASH for the very first time since they took over cleaning the pool. The water going to waste was nearly BLACK with filth. It slowly cleared and eventually became nice and clean.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And this guy calls himself a 'Pool Cleaner' ??????? And you entrust him to keep your pool in good condition with the careful use of Chemicals :-(
If he has just take over from someone else i suppose it depend how long he has been in charge of the pool
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I agree, heaven forbid that someone has a stomach bug and follows through in the pool, the whole complex will be ill :o
David
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm Wonders never cease. The pool cleaner did a BACKWASH for the very first time since they took over cleaning the pool. The water going to waste was nearly BLACK with filth. It slowly cleared and eventually became nice and clean.
Has he got a CPO licence?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The Aquila wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Lincoln wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm Wonders never cease. The pool cleaner did a BACKWASH for the very first time since they took over cleaning the pool. The water going to waste was nearly BLACK with filth. It slowly cleared and eventually became nice and clean.
Has he got a CPO licence?
Yes as it is through a proper pool company. However, the young lad doing it has only recently been trained.
All things are possible