Adonis Viewpoint

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Adonis Viewpoint

Post by Dominic »

Last week, before the dust arrived and the storms chased the dust away (hopefully), we went exploring through the countryside between Adonis Baths and Akoursos. We were trying to get as close as we could to the Akoursos Cave, but a wrong turn plonked us in the middle of nowhere. I went off to hide a geocache, leaving my wife, Alex, alone with the camera. This is a guest blog by my lovely wife. Well, she took the photos, anyway. I'm afraid you will have to rely on me for the actual commentary...

Read the article and chat about it below...

adonis_viewpoint_fb.jpg
adonis_viewpoint_fb.jpg (163 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Adonis Viewpoint

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Excellent photography Alex, specially as it is not your own camera, it is for sure quite difficult to produce such nice quality pics...
I like the photo from the dry weed flower the most.

Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Dominic,
An interesting blog and congratulations to your wife for the photos.We have driven this track from the (Tala) Kamares end. If you go this way take the track from the Zelemenos Rd end of Kamares. It is signposted to Vatouthkia Taverna, and Baths of Adonis.Where the track leaves Kamares it is tarmaced these days, but the tarmac gives out to concrete which in turn becomes a firm surfaced track. Go past the taverna on your right, follow track on to Baths of Adonis. Go past there, the track tends to be rougher and pot holed (or was - havent been there since we sold our 4x4). Keep going and follow the main track. It eventually runs way above the reservoir and comes out on a minor road near an army camp, I think. Turn left and go down hill until you will meet the Coral Bay Rd!
Hope this helps.
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Kili01 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 pm Dominic,
An interesting blog and congratulations to your wife for the photos.We have driven this track from the (Tala) Kamares end. If you go this way take the track from the Zelemenos Rd end of Kamares. It is signposted to Vatouthkia Taverna, and Baths of Adonis.Where the track leaves Kamares it is tarmaced these days, but the tarmac gives out to concrete which in turn becomes a firm surfaced track. Go past the taverna on your right, follow track on to Baths of Adonis. Go past there, the track tends to be rougher and pot holed (or was - havent been there since we sold our 4x4). Keep going and follow the main track. It eventually runs way above the reservoir and comes out on a minor road near an army camp, I think. Turn left and go down hill until you will meet the Coral Bay Rd!
Hope this helps.
Dee
This isn't the track that goes past Adonis Baths and on to the Akoursos Road, which is what you are describing. This track is way above that, on top of the hill.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.