TORTA PARADISO (PARADISE CAKE)

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
PW in Polemi

Re: TORTA PARADISO (PARADISE CAKE)

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh Lloyd, how cruel you are, showing me that scrumptiousness before breakfast!
Next time, how about a truly seriously decadent cake ... make up twice the amount of cream, and cut the sponge twice, once down low as this one and the second across the middle of the top. Then invite me round to show you my magic trick "the disappearing cream cake"! 😂😂😂

Seriously, very well done on your culinary abilities, that cake looks yummy. 👏👏👏
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We were visiting Nicosia over Father’s Day and the hotel did these Fathers Day cupcakes with bright blue icing. The day after I got a surprise when I went to the loo.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

😂😂😂
Don't ever overindulge in beetroot then!
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Honestly Lloyd, your recipes, along with pictorial evidence are fabulous. Thank you.

My eldest son has started 'hand writing' some of his/My favourite recipes in a wee book along with the tweeks and tips I have passed on.

My Mother worked in Service as a young girl, where she was taught to mix the LIGHTEST of sponges with her bare hands (no whisk, far less an electric one!). I just feel it is so important to pass on what I have learned from her. . . . . to him as he has such an interest in cooking and baking.

I still have my Mothers threadbare, flour and cinnamon covered, butter soaked pages which I often refer to and I sincerely hope you pass your favourites on to your young uns.

In fact, I reckon you should publish a dinky little paper back recipe book (like a Bero one) just for the Expats who will ACTUALLY be able to cook something authentically Cypriot.

I still treasure my time working at George's Garden Centre in Timi where Androulla taught me how to make Koypepia (Stuffed Vine Leaves), and a whole host of other Cypriot/Greek delights. You just cannot beat that experience. I struggle sometimes to get the perfect ingredients but, have also learned to adapt as I go along.

Again. Thank you for posting.

Maggie B