Is It Safe ?

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
Firefly

Is It Safe ?

Post by Firefly »

The plate inside my microwave (which you mustn't remove for safety reasons), has become loose. I'm a tad worried that the oven may no longer be safe to use, I cannot find any information about it, can anyone help please ?

Thanks,

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
trevnhil

Re: Is It Safe ?

Post by trevnhil »

You could perhaps email the maker or distributor..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hi Trevor

Thank you. I got in touch with Argos today, but they say they are not experts in microwave safety. I will contact Morphy Richards and see what they say, I thought someone on PL might just know.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Update, Morphy Richards will not answer my question 'is it safe', they just keep referring me back to Argos. To me it seems as though no-one knows, a new microwave it is then.

Customer service ? none !

Jackie
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Jackie- which 'plate' are you worried about, please? The large circular glass plate that rotates when your microwave is cooking, or a metal plate on the right hand side of the inner chamber?

AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

If it's the small side or top plate (Mica cover) this may come in handy and both the manufacturer and Argos should be aware of it:

https://microwaveexpert.wordpress.com/2 ... ide-cover/
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Al

Jules is correct, it's the Mica cover that's loose.

Jules you are correct that Argos and Morphy Richards should be aware, but no-one will commit themselves. Today it's out with the old and in with the new, I'm not taking any chances.

Jackie