“Oven-proof” frying pan

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
MacManiac

“Oven-proof” frying pan

Post by MacManiac »

Having been let down AGAIN by Amazon, who managed to lose yet another order, I am looking for an oven-proof frying pan. Can anyone recommend where we might buy one reasonably locally?
Mirek

Re: “Oven-proof” frying pan

Post by Mirek »

I bought one a year or so ago from WMD on Apostolou Pavlou Avenue ( Opposite SunCentre/Cosmic Bowling )

I don't know anywhere "local" to you up there so you may need to have a drive into Paphos
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have three such frying pans which I bought from Ikea. They are not cheap, averaging about EUR30 each. However, they are of excellent quality on the hob as well as in the oven. If you follow the instructions with them, they will last for nearly ever. I am delighted with them.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thanks to you all. My wife has, unfortunately, just discovered the Lakeland website and is busy on one of those “Oh, we could do with one of those, and have you seen ...”
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

MacManiac wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 am Thanks to you all. My wife has, unfortunately, just discovered the Lakeland website and is busy on one of those “Oh, we could do with one of those, and have you seen ...”
Take that as a bonus that you dont have to traipse around half of Cyprus to find one now although your card may have an alternative idea :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What is an oven-proof frying pan? Or, rather, why?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I think that its one that the handle doesn't melt, all metal I would have thought
David
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:50 am What is an oven-proof frying pan? Or, rather, why?
Quite often we cook on the top of the stove, add a topping and put it into the oven (or under the grill) to finish. Our last frying pan has a lovely melted handle - hence the oven-proof request.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh to melt cheese, that sort of thing? That makes sense.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Alenorde34

Post by Alenorde34 »

You may try to check some lists with electric grills? I know it's not the same as a frying pan but still they are really useful. I have one and it's nice. I may advice you to think about it, because it is universal kitchen tool.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

The problem was solved when we received a set of frying pans and saucepans that Amazon told us months ago was lost in German customs.They then refused to resend the items and unilaterally refunded our money. And then, months later, all the pans arrived ...
jeba

Post by jeba »

MacManiac wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:43 pm The problem was solved when we received a set of frying pans and saucepans that Amazon told us months ago was lost in German customs.They then refused to resend the items and unilaterally refunded our money. And then, months later, all the pans arrived ...
Is German customs even involved in deliveries within the EU? Anyway, I also had to wait for a parcel my son sent me from Germany for almost 5 months. Another parcel he sent 3 months later arrived before the first one. Mindboggling.