Vegetarian dish in less then 15 minutes...

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Vegetarian dish in less then 15 minutes...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

There is green Asparagus from Cyprus at the moment at Lidl and I tried first time a simple dish in less than 15 minutes and I loved it....

As I had to buy 500 gr of the Asparagus I made 3 different meals from it, today the vegetarian version: not to forget to snap off the lower part of the Asparagus or just cut off 4 cm and produce a broth from it....

Ingredients for 1 portion: 80 gr pasta, 1 tomato, 3 garlic cloves, slices of ginger, 1 tsp. vanilla sugar, pepper,1 tsp. salt, 150 gr Asparagus, 60 gr butter, olive oil, (Parmesan Cheese)

How to prepare:
3 tbs olive oil in a large pan, when hot, reduce to medium heat and add first the small pieces of Asparagus together with the sugar and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, than stir in the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, now add the tomatoes and cook it another 3 minutes or so, now the Asparagus tops, bit more salt and pepper and if it is too dry add some vegi broth (3 tbs). Now add the butter and led it simmer until the tops are getting not too soft. Add the "al dente" cooked pasta straight into the pan and mix it well in. (if it is still too dry add some pasta water. Ready!
Now you can put it on a plate and if you like, to grate a good amount of Parmesan cheese on top (not so vegetarian :)

Here we are: enjoy!

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Vegetarian dish in less then 15 minutes...

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Thank you for your thumbs up PW in Polemi, unfortunately my post was moved very quick into the cooking section, hence only a few members were viewing it (66), unlike my first post a week ago, still in the General, had more than 400 views...If this is the case in future I will restrain from posting my own recipes. It takes much more time than just copy & paste things... :roll:

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Quality views over quantity Max.

People who view recipes in the recipe section are likely to want to follow them.

It wasn't just your post that was moved. I also moved most of the Corona threads to the Corona section, and a political thread to politics.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

I will be trying this one as soon as I have some asparagus....yum, thanks Max.