Amazon

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Mark

Amazon

Post by Mark »

3 days from order to delivery, using expedited delivery. At £15, not much more than Royal Mail, but delivered by UPS to a point near my home. Superb service!
trevnhil

Re: Amazon

Post by trevnhil »

Unfortunately perhaps not all items from Amazon qualify for expedited deliver

Trev..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

The trouble with Amazon is , even if you pay for expedited delivery there is no guarantee they will use UPS , a lot of the time they use DHL and they do not deliver to your door , you have to collect from ACS in Paphos .
Mark

Post by Mark »

I must have been lucky, all deliveries have been with UPS.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

It depends if the seller has an a/c with UPS. Normally I only buy on Amazon if they sell and fulfill the order.
If it's a marketplace seller it'll probably come DHL to ACS.

There may be exceptions but that's what I've found to be the case 95%of the time over the last 10 years.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

It is Amazon policy to use who they want to deliver the goods . Here is a reply I got when I complained.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused regarding the DHL carrier.

Further to your e-mail, I can understand that you not happy with the DHL carrier, they will not deliver your package at your door step. You have to go around1 hours round trip to collect your parcel. Moreover, the UPS are excellent and deliver to your door.

As our valued customer, your satisfaction is our top priority and we certainly do not intend to cause inconvenience to you.

I can clearly see how frustrating this is for you, and can understand the inconvenience this has caused.

Unfortunately as of now we can't assign specific carriers for our customers. Because carriers are assigned automatically from our system.

However we value your feedback and I've now forwarded this to the transportation department and asked to investigate on this.

We take full responsibility for the delivery of our goods from start to finish and take complaints of this nature very seriously.

I hope you'll understand as an online retailer, we rely heavily on the postal system to deliver our orders to our customers and sometimes, despite all our efforts, there can really be unforeseen delays or issues that are beyond our control.

Hence, I've now forwarded the issue to our transportation department and requested them to take the appropriate action on this issue with priority since we need the orders to be delivered to our customers without any fuss.

Rest assured that we would be here to ensure that this would be resolved for you in accordance to you convenience as a valued customer of Amazon. ​

Once again, I apologise for all the trouble you have faced due to this situation. We will do our best to ensure that this incident does not get repeated.

We value your business with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.​​​​

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The biggest problems we have with Amazon is when they use Royal Mail to ship. They invariably turn up late and damaged. And they get damaged at the UK end. You can tell this because they are put in a Royal Mail "Sorry we used your package as a football" bag.

At least their returns policy is rock solid.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think Amazon's return policy and their customer service is one of the reasons to buy from them..

Trev..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Couldn't agree more.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A friend in the UK who has an Amazon Prime Account has offered to send me items direct. Have had a look at previous posts as she is asking me where the depot is in Paphos for her to send items. Please could someone advise me as I have never had anything delivered from any UK company. Thank you very much.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You need an address. Simple as that. If you don't have an address, get a PO Box from the post office.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Looks like it may have to be courier service then Dominic. In an earlier comment the postal service is not recommended so that eliminates a PO Box address and unless a signature is required for a package then it'll go missing if an attempt is made to deliver to my residential address.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We use Amazon quite a bit... I am not sure why you cannot open your own Amazon account.
But in any case, Amazon do deliver most things to Cyprus. Many of them come to ACS couriers who will phone you to come and collect the item from their office.
Some others come via the Mail service and arrive at the General Post office. They then text you to go there and collect the parcel.
And occasionally if it is a very small item via the postal service it ends up in our village ( Polemi) and the post man will deliver it, or for Very small packets it will go into the PO Box.

I will just say that both my wife and I have our telephone number as part of our address..

ie Name.... Polemi 99####25 Paphos 8549. Cyprus..

In 11 years I think the only things to go missing has been two Kindles which disappeared in Germany.
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

galexinda wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm Looks like it may have to be courier service then Dominic. In an earlier comment the postal service is not recommended so that eliminates a PO Box address and unless a signature is required for a package then it'll go missing if an attempt is made to deliver to my residential address.
What comment has put you off the postal service?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Dominic wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 am The biggest problems we have with Amazon is when they use Royal Mail to ship. They invariably turn up late and damaged. And they get damaged at the UK end. You can tell this because they are put in a Royal Mail "Sorry we used your package as a football" bag.

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In 11 years we have had one parcel with damage to the outside Amazon Box, but the items inside were fine.
I am not exactly sure by what is meant by using a courier... Maybe you mean a company in Cyprus that will bring parcels from the UK in a container... Do be aware that thing can go wrong there as well..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

galexinda wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 pm
Dominic wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 am The biggest problems we have with Amazon is when they use Royal Mail to ship. They invariably turn up late and damaged. And they get damaged at the UK end. You can tell this because they are put in a Royal Mail "Sorry we used your package as a football" bag.

Thanks. The good news is they have got better. I haven't had damaged goods for over a year now. The only problems I have these days is if there is a battery involved.

If my post was the only one putting you off using Amazon, I would say use them. Given the lack of any real alternative for a lot of items, I've had to carry on using them, and the service has definitely gotten better.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is an alternative and that is to use one of the companies that regularly send parcels from the UK to Cyprus. I use RSS Logistics, but I am aware there are others.. You get any item sent to their UK address and then you collect it a few weeks later from the Paphos area.. Quite cheap as well really..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I've used RSS and LHUKCY for just that. Both were great. It takes about a month to arrive, but does get here in the end. Also, because the items come by ship, there are no issues with batteries etc.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I know about the Batteries issue you mention. But I have had no problem buying them from Ebay
Trev..