Amazon

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
galexinda

Re: Amazon

Post by galexinda »

Many thanks to everyone who has responded. In the many years I have lived in Cyprus I have only ever received letters via the postal service and on the odd occasion used DHL (ACS) for a courier service, so completely out of touch with the various methods of getting items from the UK or elsewhere to and from Cyprus. Now all I have to do is find something that I would like to purchase from Amazon!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Now, here's a tale of woe!

In February, I ordered a book. Amazon decreed it should be sent from a reseller. It was due for delivery around Easter, so I expected delays. By May, I was getting peeved and started to raise Merry Hell. After argy-bargy the reseller sent another copy (he used only unregistered mail). This didn't arrive either. About 2 weeks ago, I complained directly to Amazon and they agreed to refund my payment + postage. Fair enough! I have received the refund!

Last night, the doorbell rang and, lo, it was postie with the book! I've decided to keep it, so I'll have to repay for it, even though it's 6 months from order to delivery! Oh! Woe is me!

BTW, my last three words are grammatically incorrect before some puritan berates me; the correct phrase in the Bible is 'Woe unto me'. Otherwise, it should be 'Woe is I'! :? :? :?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Regarding your last three words, nobody cares.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

About Amazons expedited delivery, I have found ordering from Amazon De they always use UPS door to door and fast, DHL normally you have to go to the ACS office and pick it up yourself, it is though fast I wish Amazon UK would give you the choice of shipping handlers it would always be for me UPS.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Actually, they have recently upped their game. I am now getting Amazon UK deliveries direct to my house in Polemi. This started happening a few weeks ago.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Recently I ordered a light fitting from Amazon De it never arrived here, it was shipped from the far east and this I did not realize, if the UK leaves the EU then customs will come into the shipping cost, so make sure the seller is in a country that is not outside of the EU, as Cyprus will of course still be part of.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Dominic wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:42 am Actually, they have recently upped their game. I am now getting Amazon UK deliveries direct to my house in Polemi. This started happening a few weeks ago.
That service did not last long from ACS they called me this week to pick a parcel from Amazon via DHL they would not deliver to our house about a kilometer away, but last Monday AM I ordered a milk throffer from Amazon UK paying for faster delivery and it arrived Wednesday AM to the door via UPS, it made the item expensive though but I feel worth it if you cannot buy here, I did look just not available.

Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Those frothers can be a bugger to keep clean.
JimX

Post by JimX »

As long as you remove the black plastic disc stirrer they are easy to clean, the model I have just sent for is the best I have used.

On Amazon, they have just lost my last order (coffee capsules) having to do the roundabout to get my money back.

The only problem with this buy from Amazon was the shipping charge, it put £20 on the price (Expedited)delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
Jim.