Go Outdoors - NOT RECOMMENDED

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Tsadaken

Go Outdoors - NOT RECOMMENDED

Post by Tsadaken »

I recently placed an order via Go Outdoors website for delivery to our address in Cyprus.

About 3 days later received an email saying that their warehouse could not generate a delivery label as it would appear that our address was not on their database - they asked if I could clarify if the address was correct or supply them with an alternative - this I did along with a suggestion that if this was also not acceptable then possibly they could deliver it to their delivery agents address in Paphos and we would collect from there. They acknowledged this email and said the details were being sent to their warehouse.

Two days later I checked their website for tracking info - but their site said no tracking info for this order. Not knowing what was happening I sent an email to their customer service department - but NO REPLY - sent further messages via email & website - AGAIN NO REPLY.

Now I have had an email saying that our order has been received for return and that it would be processed shortly.
Sent another email saying how could we return it if we have never received the order - it would appear that our order never got dispatched.
GUESS WHAT - STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY

Anyone know of an email address for their CEO ?
Tsadaken

Re: Go Outdoors - NOT RECOMMENDED

Post by Tsadaken »

Hi Flossie
Thanks for the comment. I have tried their website and also Google - whilst I can find names of senior executives of Go Outdoor I have been unable to track down their email addresses
Tsadaken

Post by Tsadaken »

Thanks Aquila for the advice - as I am not that up to date with modern technology I do not do Twitter.

However I got my son in the UK to contact them.

The outcome is that they could not dispatch to us in Cyprus as our address did not come up on their database - consequently our order has been cancelled and they are going to refund the payment. Not an ideal situation but it would have been nice if they had told me this a week ago when I first enquired about my order. Terrible customer service !!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I should perhaps draw your attention to the blurb at the top of the forum:

Retailers Who Ship To Cyprus
Post your recommendations of retailers who ship to Cyprus here. One retailer per thread.

Positive recommendations only please, but no spam. If you have negative things to say about a company you are better off contacting them via social media as they pay attention to that.

I have highlighted the best advice I can give to anybody who has problems with a company.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Tsadaken

Post by Tsadaken »

Sorry Dominic
Did not read the blurb at the top of the section - slapped wrist !!.
Quite happy for you to remove the post - as I cannot see a way of doing it
Ken
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Phone them on 0300 008 1555
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Tsadaken wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 pm Sorry Dominic
Did not read the blurb at the top of the section - slapped wrist !!.
Quite happy for you to remove the post - as I cannot see a way of doing it
Ken
No worries. I will leave the post as it does highlight good ways of complaining to companies, and you didn't do a hatchet job or anything. Negative reviews can be a mindfield though. I just don't have the time to deal with the associated crud that goes with them. Far better for people to use the mainstream social media channels.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.