Amazon

Post your recommendations of retailers who ship to Cyprus here. One retailer per thread.

Positive recommendations only please, but no spam. If you have negative things to say about a company you are better off contacting them via social media as they pay attention to that.
Austin7

Re: Amazon

Post by Austin7 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 am

I've been using AmazonUK for about 10 years and bought everything from a Vax Carpet Shampooer to health supplements and even an Inversion Table. Never ever had a problem via my PO box at the Main Post Office. If Amazon won't deliver it I get it sent to LHUKCY's UK depot and it arrives in Paphos about 3 weeks later.

galexinda

Post by galexinda » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:34 am

Many thanks to everyone who has responded. In the many years I have lived in Cyprus I have only ever received letters via the postal service and on the odd occasion used DHL (ACS) for a courier service, so completely out of touch with the various methods of getting items from the UK or elsewhere to and from Cyprus. Now all I have to do is find something that I would like to purchase from Amazon!

Austin7

Post by Austin7 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

galexinda wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:34 am
Many thanks to everyone who has responded. In the many years I have lived in Cyprus I have only ever received letters via the postal service and on the odd occasion used DHL (ACS) for a courier service, so completely out of touch with the various methods of getting items from the UK or elsewhere to and from Cyprus. Now all I have to do is find something that I would like to purchase from Amazon!
Make sure you go into AmazonUK (or even AmazonDE) - Amazon.com is the American site.

Devil

Post by Devil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Now, here's a tale of woe!

In February, I ordered a book. Amazon decreed it should be sent from a reseller. It was due for delivery around Easter, so I expected delays. By May, I was getting peeved and started to raise Merry Hell. After argy-bargy the reseller sent another copy (he used only unregistered mail). This didn't arrive either. About 2 weeks ago, I complained directly to Amazon and they agreed to refund my payment + postage. Fair enough! I have received the refund!

Last night, the doorbell rang and, lo, it was postie with the book! I've decided to keep it, so I'll have to repay for it, even though it's 6 months from order to delivery! Oh! Woe is me!

BTW, my last three words are grammatically incorrect before some puritan berates me; the correct phrase in the Bible is 'Woe unto me'. Otherwise, it should be 'Woe is I'! :? :? :?

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Regarding your last three words, nobody cares.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

JimX

Post by JimX » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:02 am

About Amazons expedited delivery, I have found ordering from Amazon De they always use UPS door to door and fast, DHL normally you have to go to the ACS office and pick it up yourself, it is though fast I wish Amazon UK would give you the choice of shipping handlers it would always be for me UPS.
Jim.

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:42 am

Actually, they have recently upped their game. I am now getting Amazon UK deliveries direct to my house in Polemi. This started happening a few weeks ago.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

JimX

Post by JimX » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:54 am

Recently I ordered a light fitting from Amazon De it never arrived here, it was shipped from the far east and this I did not realize, if the UK leaves the EU then customs will come into the shipping cost, so make sure the seller is in a country that is not outside of the EU, as Cyprus will of course still be part of.
Jim.