New car key and fob.

For all you Petrolheads out there...
JimX

New car key and fob.

Post by JimX »

Needed a spare car key and fob for my key-less motor, I did the usual finder checks and used this chap below, he did the job and programmed the fob that contains an emergency key also, It took some time so he borrowed me his newish car to go back home while he did the job, great service I highly recommend Marinos.

By the way he also does call outs and does domestic key cutting at your home.

http://www.locksmithcyprus.com/
Jim.
J B

Re: New car key and fob.

Post by J B »

Hmmm ... memories!

We had to use his services on Easter Sunday 1996 when the kids locked the keys in the hire car - it wasn't till that day that I realised how important Easter Day was to Cypriots ... but he still came out (after lunch!)

:D
J B
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is best to always have a spare car key.. I bought a second hand car earlier this year and it only had one key... However I soon got a second one cut with a fully functional Honda fob..

I used the car key cutting place in gasoline alley opposite the Petrolina petrol station... I think the price was 80 euros, but that was cheaper than quoted elsewhere
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

JB yes a great chap.

I have never paid for a new key and fob, but I do know a new Honda Fits can cost over £250 no matter where you buy them from as they are ''so called'' keyless, even if you do have a key inside the fob it will only get you into the car, it will not start the car as it has no key ignition inside the motor, you would also need an active fob.
Jim.