Dacia Duster

For all you Petrolheads out there...
JimX

Dacia Duster

Post by JimX »

The latest 2019 model anyone had any experience good or bad on these SUV's.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.31 KiB) Viewed 6973 times
Jim.
PW in Polemi

Re: Dacia Duster

Post by PW in Polemi »

Jim, I think Maureen Watts of Angel Guardians drives a Dacia.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Thanks Kay, I looked on Youtube, good and not so good it seems, depends on upgrades, the basic €14K car did not have all the extras most of us would need.So maybe better to spend on a used SUV again.
Jim.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

It's just a cheap Renault after all. You get what you pay for!
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I recently bought a new Dacia Sandero in the UK and am delighted with it.

For £7785 I got air con, Bluetooth, DAB radio, central locking, electric front windows......

For £800 less I could have had the lower spec car which had none of these features - not even a radio!

My point being that maybe in Cyprus you can get a much better spec Duster for not much more money as I did the UK with the Sandero.

I had a good look at the Duster when I bought the Sandero and was impressed. Seemed like a lot of space for the money.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

When I looked into it a couple of months ago, there is no Dacia/Renault dealer on the island. They used to have a place at Mesogi but shut July last year.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

From 'UK Car Buyer' " Dacia Duster reliability. ... Of the Dacia owners who responded, 23.4% said they'd experienced at least one fault within the first 12 months of ownership. Poor scores were awarded to engines and gearboxes, which were often described as too noisy, but low running costs won praise. "
Trev..
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I bought a basic Duster in the UK, had a spare wheel, radio and parking sensors factory fitted so it was £9450 on the road, I loved the car, it was fun to drive, massive space in back for dogs etc, initially the only problem I had was lack of power, it was OK around the doors but on a long drive on major roads it struggled for speed.
I fell out of love with it on its second service (2 years old) when the garage pointed out is was rusting in many places, Dacia insisted it was repaired at their chosen garage who ruined the car, over spray everywhere even inside the car on the seats as they had sprayed with the doors open but even though they insisted this is where it was done they would take no responsibility, it was up to me to sort it out, I ended up accepting a very second rate repair and sold the car for about half what I paid for it.
Mainly because of the lack of after sales I would recommend against the car or any Dacia.
It is cheap, you only get what you pay for.
Do let us know what you decide.
Gary.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Cookie wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:47 pm When I looked into it a couple of months ago, there is no Dacia/Renault dealer on the island. They used to have a place at Mesogi but shut July last year.

There is now a new showroom on the Messogi Rd and it is certainly open!, the Model I was interested is on show on the forecourt ( a Capture) looks very nice, and I am well aware it is Renault based made in Romania, of course depreciation would be higher but for a new vehicle it looks great value to me, Youtube did point out a few disappointing comments but then you could say the same for all cars ever made!

Garry! I agree mostly with your posting, one thing though rust is not a problem with any Cyprus vehicles. The Capture we looked at had it all, now with auto transmission. Will we invest in a Dacia?, maybe not as I am aware depreciation would not be good.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In the UK a 'Capture' is definitely a Renault with their badge on. I had a brand new, top of the range model on hire for 3 weeks last month.. Would I buy one?? It is doubtful mainly because of the noise inside the vehicle .. But you certainly get a lot of things for your money
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

In Germany new cars are subject to a roadworthy test after 3 years. According to https://www.tuv.com/media/01_presse_2/a ... t_2017.pdf
9,2 % of Dusters had severe faults i. e. failed (average of cars up to 3 years old: 5,7%). That´s only for faults which are relevant for safety.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Hi, I should have pointed out the rust on my Duster was not on the outside, it was under the bonnet, under the boot, around and inside the doors etc, places that would remain dry and I am told rusting due to poor quality, badly treat metal.

Also I can confirm that in the UK the Capture is a Renault, not a Dacia.

Gary.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I guess depending on what country you live in they have different badge engineering as they do in the UK (Jazz/Fit) etc, I do not think I will be buying one as I think another second hand Honda CRV will be a better bet and hold its value over a longer period, probably see me out! :geek:
Jim.