Servicing a Dacia under Warranty?

For all you Petrolheads out there...
Cookie

Servicing a Dacia under Warranty?

Post by Cookie »

I know the Dacia place on the Polis Road has been shut for a while but wondered if there is anywhere that services Dacia cars under warranty in Paphos (or wider)? I currently have a new Dacia Duster and am looking to retire to Cyprus next year so the car will still be under warranty when we come over. So the question is whether to bring my Duster over or get something like a Honda, Nissan or Ford instead given there are dealerships for these makes?
Uncle D

Re: Servicing a Dacia under Warranty?

Post by Uncle D »

Check google as there may be dealers in Limmasol, they may be linked to Renault as that is basically what the car is especially the mechanical parts like the engine and gearbox, whether they will honour the warranty over here is another thing to think about.
David
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Hi,

i had a Duster in UK, there was no Dacia garage near so I had the service work done at the local Renault garage, they assured me most Renault garages can do this.

Gary.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But would the Warranty still be valid... There re of course Dacia cars in Cyprus, but as with some other less popular cars getting spare parts will not be as easy as Honda for example
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I checked and it looks like Dacia only give a 3 year warranty in the UK, so by the time the car arrives here in Cyprus, is it worth paying the higher cost of a dealers service for an extra 12 months warranty.
I would bring it over from the UK as its will be worth more on the second market here especially if its the 1.5 diesel which is a well proven reliable engine.
David
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Many thanks for the replies. I suppose I'm less bothered about the warranty, its more about being able to get spare parts easily if need be.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Thanks Jim. I know the Dacia place on Mesogi has been shut for a few months now and think its the same for the other one. Looks like Renault/Mitsubishi (and Dacia) have pulled out of Cyprus.
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote=Cookie post_id=83663 time=1552291817 user_id=2149]
[quote=JimX post_id=83603 time=1552193973 user_id=474]
https://2gis.com.cy/cyprus/firm/70000001027063856

https://2gis.com.cy/cyprus/firm/1308911 ... Fzoom%2F18
[/quote]

Thanks Jim. I know the Dacia place on Mesogi has been shut for a few months now and think its the same for the other one. Looks like Renault/Mitsubishi (and Dacia) have pulled out of Cyprus.
[/quote][/color]

There is a new dealership selling new Dacias on the Polis Rd, it is certainly open as I write this post.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Agreed, I saw it yesterday, and they have the Renault logo there as well... It is one thing selling new cars but will the servicing be up to scratch..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Renault web site still appears live , is it up to date ?

https://renault.com.cy/home/showroom-garage/
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Thanks all. We are over in July so will check them out.