Rav 4 car battery

For all you Petrolheads out there...
lefkes

Rav 4 car battery

Post by lefkes »

Need to buy a new battery for a Rav 4 ,any ideas on best place to buy ,plus at a good price. Thanks for any advice.
Lefkes.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Rav 4 car battery

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I bought my batteries in the past either from Costas tire shop or a few meters more down the same road...(B7 Hellados Ave.74)

Max
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Yes Costas is the place that I have used for years, he is very good at customer service, if I want my tyres swapped from front to back he has them balanced and charges me nothing, if you buy wipers he fits them free of charge.
David
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I too use Costas for tyres and Batteries.. i have been disappointing with other places in the past
Trev..
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

KANNAS, just after Lidl, through the lights and on the left hand side. Even Costa gets his batteries from them, but they don't fit them, you have to do that yourself.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Fisherman Phil wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:23 pm KANNAS, just after Lidl, through the lights and on the left hand side. Even Costa gets his batteries from them, but they don't fit them, you have to do that yourself.
And fitting them yourself can give you a whole lot of problems. Some vehicles have an on board computer that needs to be connected all the time. When you take out a battery you MAY cause it to lose some settings..
Costas connects another charging device to the car before swapping the batteries. Usually all your tyre pressures are checked at the same time.
And an apple and a drink if you are lucky ;-)
Trev..
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Trev. My car has an in board computer, and I've changed the battery with no problems. The computers have good memories.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did say MAY cause it to lose setting ;-)
Trev..
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

The question was "where to buy a battery at a good price". I believe KANNAS are the cheapest, but if you're willing to pay a little bit more and get good customer service, then go to Costa. Personally, I always use Costa for tyres, but for batteries and windscreen wipers, I go elsewhere.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

When I have bought batteries from Costas he always plugs a 12v battery in the cigarette lighter. I believe my last one for a CRV was around €70.
And he always disposes of the old battery for you.
David
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:52 am And he always disposes of the old battery for you.
That is a legal obligation of any supplier (EU Directive)
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Thanks Devil, but as Fisherman Phil buys and fits his own, I was wondering if the place he buys it from takes the old battery from him.
David
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Costas also checks that the alternator is in fact charging the battery..
Trev..
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 am Thanks Devil, but as Fisherman Phil buys and fits his own, I was wondering if the place he buys it from takes the old battery from him.
Yes, Uncle D,
KANNAS will take away your old battery, they also check to make sure that you actual do need a new battery.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Which Lidl is Kannas near, don't know it, could you be more precise please, do you mean the Shiphape traffic lights going up the hill from Lidl?

Thanks
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes it is near the Shipshape traffic lights. As you go UP Polis road they are on the left after the lights
Trev..
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Tnx Trev, will pop in there.