2-wheeled vehicles: MOT?

For all you Petrolheads out there...
exodus

2-wheeled vehicles: MOT?

Post by exodus »

I am thinking of buying a second hand 125 cc scooter. The seller tells me it does not have an MOT because it does not need one.
Is this correct?
In fact do any Mopeds, Scooters, Motorbikes, need one, or do they all, or are some (as he claims) exempt?
Thank You,
Amos.
trevnhil

Re: 2-wheeled vehicles: MOT?

Post by trevnhil »

I would check at the Ministry of Transport, or the Citizens service centre, to make sure.
Trev..
exodus

Post by exodus »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:32 pm I would check at the Ministry of Transport, or the Citizens service centre, to make sure.
Thanks Trev. I was hoping someone on here would know being a weekend. Otherwise means waiting until Monday.
Amos.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

They do NOT need MOT.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

In the Republic of Cyprus, all vehicles over four years old are subject to a Department of Road Transport (DoRT) test (similar to a UK MOT) for mechanical safety as well as emissions levels. This test must be passed every two years. The test checks emissions, brakes, suspension, steering, lights and tyres among other things. It is computerised and generally takes less than an hour. Motorcycles are not subject to this test. In order to register a vehicle in Cyprus, it must first pass the DoRT test. Once a vehicle is registered in Cyprus, owners do not receive notification from the Department of Road Transport (DoRT) when the vehicle is due for a test. Vehicle owners are responsible for ensuring the vehicle's inspection is up to date. If a vehicle is properly registered with the Department of Transport, owners may receive a MOT renewal notification message in Greek via SMS. An appointment can be made at an authorised testing station, at which time the vehicle registration document (log book) must be presented and the testing fee paid. Results of the test are electronically transmitted to the DoRT. Once a test is completed successfully, the vehicle testing station issues the certificate. This should be carried in the car and made available for inspection.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Many thanks bromerzz and galexinda - most appreciated.
Amos.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Did you but it Amos?
David
exodus

Post by exodus »

Uncle D wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:10 pm Did you but it Amos?
I did not. Although it did not require an MOT I doubt it would have passed one if it did!
Still looking.
Amos.