Abandoned cars

For all you Petrolheads out there...
Jonny

Abandoned cars

Post by Jonny »

I am interested in advice on how to get 'abandoned' cars legally removed from a housing complex I am on. There are three possibly abandoned cars parked on the complex. They are accident damaged and at least one, is not driveable. Two have number plates evident, the most badly damaged car does not. These are parked in a quiet area, normally available for residents or visitors on the complex, but often less used. I have contacted the management company to see if they can help, and they have emailed the owners, but so far no one has responded. The complex does not have a management committee, so co-ordination with other owners is difficult. The vehicles are a potential safety hazard and they detract from the visual amenity of the complex. Does anyone have similar experience of this problem and any suggestions on how I could proceed?
josef k

Re: Abandoned cars

Post by josef k »

Residents that I know on a complex in Paphos had two cars in their car park with no wheels and were obviously abandoned. They got together and one night towed them out on the road. The next day they complained to the municipality and they came and removed them.

Obviously I don't condone such action, But.......
Jonny

Re: Abandoned cars

Post by Jonny »

Thank you Josef for your comments. Its good to know that others have experienced the same problem.

One of the car's I mention, is obviously not driveable having lost a front wheel and with serious front damage probably from a road traffic accident. Another car appears to have been in a similar road traffic accident, and possibly the third. What I do not understand is why would anyone decide to place all three cars in a communal car park?

I am interested to hear that the municipality were able to assist once the cars were on the public highway.

I am still waiting to see what the management company may do to further assist.