Car service & mot

For all you Petrolheads out there...
tina

Car service & mot

Post by tina »

Would i be able to get my car serviced & mot done at the moment with us being in lock down. Both due end of this month.
trevnhil

Re: Car service & mot

Post by trevnhil »

Most garages and MOT stations are open, and this is in compliance with the current regulations
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So is Space MOT station opposite Lidl.. And I know the garage I use is still open for business
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:26 pm Most garages and MOT stations are open, and this is in compliance with the current regulations
What number should you give in the sms for a MOT?
memory man

Post by memory man »

jeba wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:42 pm
trevnhil wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:26 pm Most garages and MOT stations are open, and this is in compliance with the current regulations
What number should you give in the sms for a MOT?
Number 8 - Any other reason, as stated below.
tina

Post by tina »

Thank you for all replies
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

MOT on our vehicle is due in June and needs a service beforehand so will take it to our usual garage which is Deals on Wheels. So happens Simon Emery has a special offer on car services in June to celebrate opening a new car showroom and workshop in Chloraka. He can take the car for a MOT but we always like to take it to the MOT centre opposite Lidl on Mesoyi Avenue.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

MOT is due next Wednesday so took the vehicle to the MOT centre opposite Lidl on Ellados Avenue (just up from Sklavenitis) this morning to find out if it was necessary to make an appointment. Advised us that he was usually busy early in the week and may need vehicle for some time but if we went for a 20 minute walk he could do the test straight away. Returned to find him printing off the MOT documents and duly informed our insurance company. Cost €35.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just been informed that Deals on Wheels showroom and service centre is now open and have booked vehicle in for a major service on Tuesday. The special offer price for a car service of €99 is being extended until next month.
staffie

Post by staffie »

99 euros, would that be the price for just finding the worn out bits.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A full service at 125,000 KM with parts checked and/or replaced as per the standard service for that particular vehicle. It was noted that the radiator had a small leak so that is being replaced today - only second major payout on my 19+ year old vehicle which I have had for 6+ years now (the other item that had to be replaced was the front shock absorbers). So, all things considered, very happy with the vehicle which was purchased from Deals on Wheels.
staffie

Post by staffie »

so, 99 euros, was front shocks in with that price, or to clarify that 99 euros, as asked in previous question, was to check for the worn out bits. 🤔
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

The car service was €99 oil, filters and plugs replacement, if the MOT revealed failures like shocks they would be extra.
David
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

staffie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 am so, 99 euros, was front shocks in with that price, or to clarify that 99 euros, as asked in previous question, was to check for the worn out bits. 🤔
Service cost €99. Shock absorbers were replaced about 3 years ago. Otherwise only major cost since bought in 2013 has been a new set of tyres because the date of the existing tyres was due to expire. Regular MOT and oil change and services as recommended. Not bad for a 19 year old vehicle that has seen many parts of Cyprus.
staffie

Post by staffie »

Thanks for your replies, very helpful.