DEALS on WHEELS - New location.

For all you Petrolheads out there...
memory man

DEALS on WHEELS - New location.

Post by memory man »

Simon Emery & Deals on Wheels are/have moved.

NEWS FLASH

From Facebook.

I'm please to announce that Deals on Wheels is moving to bigger and better premises. For a long time now I have wanted the workshop and the showroom to be under one roof, and while being closed due to lockdown has given me the time and opportunity to make it happen. Our new premises is on the same road as our present showroom right next door to Zorbas Bakery. We will have lots of customer parking onsite workshops with luxury waiting area. We have a lot of work to do to get the new super site ready and we can't start under lockdown. We have moved out of the old showroom so car sales are though the website and we can bring cars to you . The workshop will remain open by appointment only . We will keep you up to date with progress on the new site and hope to welcome you all soon .

https://www.facebook.com/dealsonwheelscy/
Lincoln

Re: DEALS on WHEELS - New location.

Post by Lincoln »

Have booked our car in for a service at 0839 this coming Tues and at €99.00 it is a very good deal.
All things are possible
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Have you shopped around and asked other garages?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

That's a very good deal, even if you did your own servicing it would probably cost around €80 for parts and oil, then you have to get rid of the oil...
David
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It doesn’t say what car was booked in but, in my experience, I have found the main dealers just as competitive and you know that genuine parts are being fitted.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

You always have to consider like for like when dealing with for example replacing your engine oil, because all cars aren't the same - one factor is the quantity of oil, then its grade, then its usage.
My diesel Nissan 2.4l would take 7l of engine oil the cost was always around the €20 for a generic product and recommendation to replace it every 2,000km (!!!), whereas the cost for my Vauxhall 2l diesel which also takes 7l of engine oil is €60 and the onboard computer suggests its more like 9months between changes and based on kms actually run.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

The Aquila wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:40 pm It doesn’t say what car was booked in but, in my experience, I have found the main dealers just as competitive and you know that genuine parts are being fitted.
Main dealers usually charge more for man hours than the independents, they usually have other staff to pay like receptionists and have nice seating areas etc.
Genuine parts are always a lot more expensive than after market or OEM parts. Engine oil is not made by the car manufacturer and the same with spark plugs as long as they are the spec of the manufacturers recommendations, filters should be changed regular, so a cheap aftermarket filter will do the same job as an expensive genuine one.
Its only when you need a new mechanical part that genuine parts are the best bet, but who knows what these dealers are fitting to your car they may tell you its a genuine part, but is it?
David
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Being that I am involved in the undustry I can assure you that cheap filter, oils or parts will NOT do the same job. Why try to save a couple of Euro on a part and jeopardise the engine that could cost a whole lot more to replace or fix?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:47 am Being that I am involved in the undustry I can assure you that cheap filter, oils or parts will NOT do the same job. Why try to save a couple of Euro on a part and jeopardise the engine that could cost a whole lot more to replace or fix?
I don't agree, if your in the industry its in your interest to tell people to pay for expensive oils filters etc, that is why you said earlier use the main dealers.
Youtube has loads of people doing tests on all servicing products and the general consensus is that you are wasting money on expensive filters and oils. As long as they are the correct specs and you change them at the correct time.
For example, just because it says Castrol and is nearly twice the price doesn't mean that its twice as good, it may be marginally better but that's it.
Its up to the punter who they believe.
I do most of my servicing myself, when I do a job I know that it has been done with no corner cutting.
I am afraid that your theory doesn't wash with me.
David