car battery.

For all you Petrolheads out there...
staffie

car battery.

Post by staffie »

hello petrol heads, our car battery (sealed) on negative terminal now has corrosion forming, have already cleaned and applied grease on two occasions in the past, now I presume it's on the way out, question is best place to purchase new one with out being overcharged, yes some can be dearer than others, (heavy duty) all comments welcome.
Uncle D

Re: car battery.

Post by Uncle D »

If you want cheap and dont mind changing it yourself go to Andreas Kannas opposite Ship Shape, or Costas tyres will fit it for a bit more.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.9253 ... 34.7931771
David
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

I had the same need a couple of years ago but found that most suppliers only offered non descript brands. I wanted a Varta or a Bosch and struggled to find a supplier. Eventually found Kapodistrias Automotive Parts in Yeroskipo (behind Debenhams) and got a HD Bosch Silver battery. Asked for a discount expecting a negative response but got 15% off which worked out to be the same cost I was quoted by the guys on Mesogi road.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

How much did it cost Pano?
David
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

It was originally €168 but I got it for €145 ish. You may get one cheaper but wont be as good, came with a 5 year guarantee.
staffie

Post by staffie »

much appreciated for all of your input.
JimX

Post by JimX »

This week had a new ''Gen'' Battery fitted at Costas new shop, a very good price and as always recommended by many here..

https://www.costastyres.com/
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have yet to visit the New Shop, but even at the old one it was amazing how quick they were..
Last time I was in the UK I had to take the Hire car for a puncture repair to Kwikfit. There was nothing quick about it, I was there well over half an hour and it cost me 25 pounds
At Costas it takes around 5 minutes and there is no charge if you are a past customer..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

The new shop is truly big lots of room to park and get going, went down to see Costas this week, needed a new spare wheel and tyre, as my new car did not have one, they are not fitted on many cars these days, they give you a pump and sealant, fine if it just a puncture but absolutely useless if a side wall damage, by the way Costas did this for nothing, best guy in town for tyres and wheels and batteries too..
Jim.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I used Costas when I needed new tyres a few years ago based on recommendations from CL. Received excellent service and was delighted with the price
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have used another place for tyres a few years back and they put the wrong size on that caught the wheel arch on full lock.. Needless to say they had to be changed.. Grrrr

But I always go to Costa now for Batteries or tyres..
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Got a cheapo about 3 to 4 years ago. Got a brand-new one to replace it a couple of weeks back. Where the first one could hardly hold enough energy to start the car, the new one (full price) works fine with the car starting on the first turn of the key, even after a fortnight.