Euro to Sterling transfer

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
jm88

Euro to Sterling transfer

Post by jm88 »

Some advice needed. We have accepted an offer on our house in Paphos & wondered if anyone could enlighten or had experience on sending the euro back in sterling. Thank you in advance
PW in Polemi

Re: Euro to Sterling transfer

Post by PW in Polemi »

Sign up with CurrencyFair and you will get an exchange rate very close to interbank, and a transfer cost of 3 (pounds or euros).

As far as I am aware, if you use a Cyprus bank, you are unlikely to get a good exchange rate and you will be charged heavily for the privilege.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I second the Currency Fair. We use them all the time great rates and very low €3.00 charge.
All things are possible
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

How much are you allowed to transfer at any one time for instance would you need to transfer the amount of say a house sale in several transactions
garry
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think questions like that ie looking for a factual answer are better directed to which ever bank you will be using..
They are only a phone call away
Trev..
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

As far as I'm aware, there is no limit on CurrencyFair transactions - but if you put up, say, Euros 250,000 to change to Sterling at whatever rate you have chosen, it may take several peers to buy all your Euros, but as soon as it's in your CurrencyFair account, you can request them to ship it to your UK bank - just remember to warn your UK bank first, they will want to know where all this dosh is coming from, vis a vis money laundering regulations. If you can fax or email a copy of your sale agreement, that should suffice.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol: