Cyprus Taxportal

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
Alys

Cyprus Taxportal

Post by Alys »

Has anybody managed to get into the taxportal recently? On login, it asks for the usual username, password and captcha but now also asks for an 'additional pin' number. The Ministry of Finance website doesn't give any instructions how to get this. Does anbody know how to do this please? Thanks in advance.
clive of payia

Re: Paying Tax Online

Post by clive of payia »

Does anyone know how to crack the Enigma of paying Tax online? Yes, I can go to the Cashier as last resort. Via BOC it asks for "Tax Department Transaction Code" where is this? Been on the Tax Portal all my former payments are there but the 2021 return I completed two days ago isn't? JCC, which I am registered with since it started, using BoC website asks says I must be registered with JCC - which I am.

Madness.
bromerzz

Re: Cyprus Taxportal

Post by bromerzz »

Once you have submitted your tax return for 2021 then make a note of the gross amount and also the amount of tax to pay. Then go over to this site:
https://taxportal.mof.gov.cy/Account/Login
If I recall correctly and I only paid just last week, somewhere on the top right you need to hit the type of tax you wish to pay, in my case it was Income tax. Then In the drop down menu enter your gross taxable then self assessment tax to be paid amount. A transaction code is displayed make a note of that number, download it or copy and paste. I use BOC as you cannot pay using JCC. On BOC website go to where it asks for the code, enter the code minus the dashes and confirm payment. That should be it.

Addition info
Clive - You say you cannot find 2021 submission. Go back to the Tax Portal page, select Tax Return Individual Submission, then you should see your 2021 return on the list, if it is not then then maybe you did not complete the process. If it is shown select the code number to the left of the year and that will will reveal your submitted return. You then have to go to bottom of the first page and select the self submission section to see the amounts etc you declared.,
clive of payia

Re: Cyprus Taxportal

Post by clive of payia »

Thank you very much bromerzz that worked a treat, I'll pass it on to others struggling on how to pay. The payment was made via my BoC account using the JCC option and filling in the details. Cheers.