Deposit Account with Cynergy Bank UK

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
clive of payia

Deposit Account with Cynergy Bank UK

Post by clive of payia »

A couple of days ago I received from Cynergy Bank UK that the interest on my deposit account with them is now zero percent. I replied asking if their account fees for my current account would also now be zero, only fair I suggested. I also asked which of their other Fixed Term Deposit accounts were open to me. Their reply this morning was as follows:

"Unfortunately, the terms & conditions remain the same on your account the fees still apply.
We are not offering any further accounts at this time to international customers. We apologise for the inconvenience caused" Unquote.

Looks like another Barclays etc. situation arriving very soon.

Anybody suggest where good honest pension money can be deposited in the UK. I fear depositing in Cyprus or indeed some other EU countries for they may well be due for a haircut to pay for the Coronavirus and disobeying EU rules such as closing their own territorial borders.

Any idea most welcome for their must be others on here in the same boat.
mike strand2

Re: Deposit Account with Cynergy Bank UK

Post by mike strand2 »

If it's just for your pension, why not open a deposit account in Cyprus bank that's different to your current Cy bank? Haircuts are for accounts over €100,000, so you should be safe unless your pension is incredibly generous!

Alternatively consider Starling bank. They are international and I know others on here have experience.
clive of payia

Re: Deposit Account with Cynergy Bank UK

Post by clive of payia »

Thanks for that I'll lookmat Starling Bank.