Pensions, Help please

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
Keith

Pensions, Help please

Post by Keith »

We are moving over in two weeks time and I have just filled in a P85 leaving the UK tax form.
Do I now require to also contact Newcastle to give them our new Cyprus address for when we are eligible to receive the National pension ( This is not for another 8years ) or will they automatically know via the form I have just filled out.

Keith
PaphosAL

Re: Pensions, Help please

Post by PaphosAL »

Keith- from my Sister's experience (she has lived in Denmark since the early 1970's) the DWP automatically track you down for SP payments. If they are tardy, they backpay it to the due date.

In your case, however, I would strongly advise that you write to Newcastle just to make sure that they know your new Cy address. But in this day and age of 'joined-up Government', I bet they already know this info, LOL!

Cheers- and enjoy your move! AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Be careful - remember UK tax year to April 6th - a mistake can be costly
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Very true...
Gone but not forgotten...
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thanks for the replies.
Habibi2007

Post by Habibi2007 »

You have to apply for your state pension once you reach pensionable age. The DWP does not automatically just pay you. I know as my husband was in touch with the pensions office some months before he reached 65 which was in in February and his pension is now being paid into our Uk bank account.
Habibi2007

Post by Habibi2007 »

You have to apply for your state pension once you reach pensionable age. The DWP does not automatically just pay you. I know as my husband was in touch with the pensions office some months before he reached 65 which was in in February and his pension is now being paid into our Uk bank account.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

You can download the application form for the State Pension from the DWP website.
Geoff.