E-Mail confirmation Gesy

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
trevnhil

Re: E-Mail confirmation Gesy

Post by trevnhil »

I have seen nothing about people not being eligible after August 31st if they do not have an MEU3
Are you saying an MEU1 is not valid now ?
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm I have seen nothing about people not being eligible after August 31st if they do not have an MEU3
MEU1 is valid.
MEU3 is valid (have to be resident for 5+ years).

My comment refers only to a certain group of British Expats who have not updated their immigration status from having permanent visas in their Passports or have Brown Alien Book or Pink Slip. As they have been resident in Cyprus for over 5 years they are eligible to apply for the MEU3.
MEU1 and MEU3 are the only recognised documents accepted by GESY.

This is the link to one of the articles referring to the transition period which only mentions up to 31 August 2019.
https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/05/29/gesy ... -1-launch/
Last edited by galexinda on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varky

Post by Varky »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm I have seen nothing about people not being eligible after August 31st if they do not have an MEU3
Perhaps they mean any of the old ID cards in existence before the arrival of the MEU1?
darrow

Post by darrow »

AFJ wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:15 am Can someone tell me will we get E-Mail confirmation for our registration with GESY ?. went to the Iasis 21 May registered with the doctor ,brought the forms home did the copies of everything sent them to Nicosia 22 May. Haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks Jenny
I registered direct with a Dr on the 9th May and MOH documentation was sent via recorded delivery to Nicosia. We have heard nothing either, so I telephoned 17000 this morning, she said carry on as normal until the 31st August, using white medical card. She advised me to contact my doctor direct, to which there was no answer, but MOH should get an email verification, eventually. There has been an extension until 31st August, because there are lots of people still "pending" verification.