E-Mail confirmation Gesy

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
AFJ

E-Mail confirmation Gesy

Post by AFJ »

Can someone tell me will we get E-Mail confirmation for our registration with GESY ?. went to the Iasis 21 May registered with the doctor ,brought the forms home did the copies of everything sent them to Nicosia 22 May. Haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks Jenny
chatsworth

Re: E-Mail confirmation Gesy

Post by chatsworth »

Yes, then you choose your doc and you get email reply about that as well but within a few minutes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We registered via the GP we wanted to use in Chloraka.. We brought the forms home and filled them in.
We took them back to the Doctor's with copies of other documents needed, and they went to Nicosia.
I had a phone call from the doctors to say I had been accepted by Gesy, and that I needed to call in to put a signature on a document.. I did that and came away signed up with a piece of paper to prove it.. No emails at any time ..
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

AFJ wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:15 am Can someone tell me will we get E-Mail confirmation for our registration with GESY ?. went to the Iasis 21 May registered with the doctor ,brought the forms home did the copies of everything sent them to Nicosia 22 May. Haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks Jenny
Takes about 3 weeks.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

There seems to be several different ways to register for GESY. I went to my chosen GP, with my MEU3, he did all the paperwork and informed me 2 or 3 days later, that I was registered. I didn't fill out any forms myself, or send or receive and emails.
I've used the new system twice, so I know everything is OK.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Phil as you have used the system a few times, can you confirm that you DO NOT have to register with a particular Pharmacy..
Trev..
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

We posted copies of our S1, MEU3 and three month electricity bills with our GESY registration form on Tuesday 4th and received an email on Thursday 6th to say our application to be Beneficiaries had been approved.

Very efficient.

I guess if you provide the correct documents there should be few delays, if any.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:49 pm Phil as you have used the system a few times, can you confirm that you DO NOT have to register with a particular Pharmacy..
Trev, you DO NOT have to register with a pharmacy. Your GP will enter your prescription on the GESY system, you can also have a paper copy if you wish.
Any, I repeat, any Pharmacy can log onto GESY, retreive and then issue your prescription. Most prescriptions are for 6 months, but Pharmacists only issue one month at a time.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Alewfin the registration process seems to be different for different people. You were lucky that you had a copy of your S1 .. We didn't, but sent for one a month ago. It has still not arrived. We used a medical card as proof that we were entitled to an S1 / E121

Regarding your "I guess if you provide the correct documents there should be few delays, if any."

You can only send the document you are asked for.. I had to include a letter to say I was living with my wife at our home address..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Fisherman Phil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:38 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:49 pm Phil as you have used the system a few times, can you confirm that you DO NOT have to register with a particular Pharmacy..
Trev, you DO NOT have to register with a pharmacy. Your GP will enter your prescription on the GESY system, you can also have a paper copy if you wish.
Any, I repeat, any Pharmacy can log onto GESY, retreive and then issue your prescription. Most prescriptions are for 6 months, but Pharmacists only issue one month at a time.
Thanks for that confirmation Phil.. That is Not what the pharmacist erroneously told my wife.
But is is in line with what we have read since
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The only problem re Pharmacies is that not all are registered with GESY. So the prescription will only go to the registered ones and appear when you give them your details.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I understand that it is the choice of the pharmacy as to whether to join the Gesy system, or not.. Hopefully in time all of them will join up..
I have also read that some Phamacies have a sign showing they are members of the system..

It interests me as to how the consultants at the General Hospital will prescribe tablets for an outpatient..
I am seeing a consultant within 3 weeks so I guess I will find out then.. :-)
Trev..
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:16 pm I understand that it is the choice of the pharmacy as to whether to join the Gesy system, or not.. Hopefully in time all of them will join up..
I have also read that some Phamacies have a sign showing they are members of the system..

It interests me as to how the consultants at the General Hospital will prescribe tablets for an outpatient..
I am seeing a consultant within 3 weeks so I guess I will find out then.. :-)
Is it worth you having a word with your GP first? My GP has issued me with referral notices to see 2 consultants at the General, even though I already have appointments.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Lincoln wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:09 pm The only problem re Pharmacies is that not all are registered with GESY. So the prescription will only go to the registered ones and appear when you give them your details.
I believe the majority of Paphos Pharmacies are now registered with GESY.
Further to Trev's question of "registering" with a Pharmacy,
I am not sure if having used one Pharmacy for your 1st month prescription, would you have to use the same Pharmacist for the remaining 5 months?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

The pharmacies registered with GESY display a notice on the window/door - it has blue writing on a white background.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Incidentally, not all GP's and Consultants have signed up for GESY. Obviously all at the General have signed up, but there are still some private GP's and Consultants in the private hospitals.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:42 pm Alewfin the registration process seems to be different for different people. You were lucky that you had a copy of your S1 .. We didn't, but sent for one a month ago. It has still not arrived. We used a medical card as proof that we were entitled to an S1 / E121

Regarding your "I guess if you provide the correct documents there should be few delays, if any."

You can only send the document you are asked for.. I had to include a letter to say I was living with my wife at our home address..
I rang Newcastle in April to request copies of our S1s. No problem they said but after quite a few weeks I contacted them again as nothing had arrived.

On my second call I learned that the address they had for us was incomplete even though it was complete at the time the original S1s were issued. It transpired that the UK had changed computer systems and clearly not all of our personal data had been transferred successfully. Breach of the Data Protection Law ?

The new chap in Newcastle said he would update our personal data and expedite new copies, which he did.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We did provide our most recent address when we asked for New S1 forms to be sent...
However my Gesy application has gone through OK without any S1 form..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 am We did provide our most recent address when we asked for New S1 forms to be sent...
However my Gesy application has gone through OK without any S1 form..
Great news trevnhil and hopefully all those people who require regular consultations, tests and prescriptions are now in the system. It's been a stressful few months and I appreciate there are still many who are still in the process.

After all the meetings around the island and information provided by the previous British High Commissioner about two years ago regarding the fact that previous forms of ID are no longer recognised by Immigration, I am surprised at the number of British Expats who did not upgrade to MEU3 Permanent Residence status and are now having to wait for interview until September/October. Fortunately the old and new health system are running in tandem until 31st August but after that they will not be eligible unless this is extended.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have seen nothing about people not being eligible after August 31st if they do not have an MEU3
Are you saying an MEU1 is not valid now ?
Trev..