Gesy information

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Mrblobby

Gesy information

Post by Mrblobby »

I posted this in one of the other threads , but thought it might be useful in the medical thread .

It’s from a Gesy site , but the English version does not work for me , so I translated some of it .

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... aceuticals

Some specialized drugs, such as cancer, rheumatology and neurology, will still be available from the hospital's state-owned pharmacies, the Oncology Center of the Bank of Cyprus, the German Oncology Center and the Institute of Neurology and Genetics, as is done today.

GHSY fully reimburses the cheapest available medicine and in this case you pay € 1 per medication. If two (2) boxes of the same drug are prescribed due to an increased dosage, you will still be charged € 1 total. This amount is called Completion.

Supplementary amounts such as € 1 per medication, € 1 per laboratory test, € 6 for a referral to the Special Doctor, € 10 per radiodiagnostic examination (eg CT scan, MRI), are added together. When these amounts reach the annual ceiling of € 75 (for children and young people up to 21 years, EWC recipients or low pensioners) or € 150 (for other beneficiaries), you will not be paying for the remainder of the year.

Recipes for chronically ill medicines last up to six (6) months. These are called repeating recipes. The pharmacist will give you a quantity of medicine for one month and you should visit the same pharmacy every month to get your medicines. During 6 months you can take your medication without having to visit your doctor to get a new prescription.
galexinda

Re: Gesy information

Post by galexinda »

Thanks Mrblobby.

I am also posting in the Medical Matters section and sometimes in the General Discussion Area as not everyone reads every section and it is good to have all the relevant information in one area for future reference.