GESY ... clear as mud

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
trevnhil

Re: GESY ... clear as mud

Post by trevnhil »

I am surprised at them needing a copy of the S1 or E121 form.. If you have a medical card it shows on there that you got it via (in our case) an E121
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Yes, we had to send copies of our Yellow Slips, S1 Form (although ours is E121), Wedding Certificate, proof that we are residing at the same address (perhaps because I am a beneficiary?). Also included a copy of the Cyprus Medical Card! However, suspect it is like MEU3 applications where documentation required varies from couple to couple! Also at the HIO pending approval stage which surprised me when I saw Mr Blobby's screenshot showing he is at Pending PD registration, as our applications and supporting documents were sent to HIO in February.

When we printed off the application forms there is a section which states the additional documents that need to be sent with it.

I prefer to email GESY for information and it is a good system as each query/complaint is allocated a number and so far I have received a reply the next day. EMAIL: info@gesy.org.cy
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

There is an element of the left hand not knowing what right hand is doing.

Because I selected S1 surely GESY can check with the existing Health Authorities as they received my S1 years ago and only two weeks ago issued a new White Cyprus Health Card to me.

Surely, instead of listing a whole range of documents (similar to that required for a MEU3) that the applicant can choose from and submit a copy why not have a 'yes/no' check box on whether I have a MEU3 as my record must be in a Cyprus Government system.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We also had this email .

“We are glad to inform you that the GHS enrolment request you have submitted for the below person has been approved.

Applicant’s name: Mr Blobby

Enrolment application reference number: 32...

To complete the GHS enrolment process, the above mentioned person should proceed to register to a Personal Doctor’s (PD) list.”
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:16 am I am surprised at them needing a copy of the S1 or E121 form.. If you have a medical card it shows on there that you got it via (in our case) an E121
I wonder whether the S1 form must be recent. E. g. in Germany it might be the case that a person stops qualifying for it. Probably in other countries as well. How will GESY make sure your S1 is still valid? Will you have to provide a new one regularly?