Medical Insurance Cost

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Jamboal

Medical Insurance Cost

Post by Jamboal »

Hi,

As we are planning to move out next year it would be good to get some examples of medical insurance costs, we will be under 60 and happy to have an excess of say €2000.

Thanks,

Allan.
trevnhil

Re: Medical Insurance Cost

Post by trevnhil »

Because medical insurance depends a lot on what medical problems you may have, I think it would be best if you looked for quotes on line.

Trev..
Trev..
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Thanks Trev,

Allan.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Hi

We have just been through this process. We visited a insurance broker near the harbour for a quote. I am 53 and my husband is 58. I have an existing condition having suffered a stroke at the age of 43. Fortunately I do not have any side effects that affect my day to day living but I do have to take 8 tablets a day.

So basically I can get insurance but would not be covered for anything relating to a stroke. However under the company we are considering if I do not need any treatment that is stroke related after two years I will be covered. I was pleasantly surprised with the premiums. They increase every 5 years so my husbands is more than mine due to age.

Hope this helps

Yvette
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Thanks Yvette,

Is it possible you can give me an idea of cost and excess.

Allan.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Hi Allan

I have sent you a P.M

Thanks

Yvette
jeba

Post by jeba »

Shemmy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:52 pm
So basically I can get insurance but would not be covered for anything relating to a stroke. However under the company we are considering if I do not need any treatment that is stroke related after two years I will be covered
Isn't that a bit riskful? What if they claim a treatment to have been stroke-related (and there are many medical problems which may be related)? I'd rather get a quote inclusive of preexisting conditions. But that's just me, of course.