Nursing Job opportunity in Cyprus

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Emilly1

Nursing Job opportunity in Cyprus

Post by Emilly1 »

Hello all, I am looking for Nursing jobs opportunity in Paphos and nearby? Basically, I have a lot of friends who are RN and CNA in the US and other countries. looking for Jobs related to the nursing industry. Please share details here about Jobs and volunteer programs.
ApusApus

Re: Nursing Job opportunity in Cyprus

Post by ApusApus »

Emilly1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm Hello all, I am looking for Nursing jobs opportunity in Paphos and nearby? Basically, I have a lot of friends who are RN and CNA in the US and other countries. looking for Jobs related to the nursing industry. Please share details here about Jobs and volunteer programs.
Apart from a recognised nursing qualification they will need to speak Greek fluently if they want to work in any of the hospitals here!

Shane
WHL

Post by WHL »

ApusApus wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 pm
Emilly1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm Hello all, I am looking for Nursing jobs opportunity in Paphos and nearby? Basically, I have a lot of friends who are RN and CNA in the US and other countries. looking for Jobs related to the nursing industry. Please share details here about Jobs and volunteer programs.
Apart from a recognised nursing qualification they will need to speak Greek fluently if they want to work in any of the hospitals here!

Shane
Not only speak ...but read and write also...which if you google some of the tragic events that have happened back in the UK, because Doctors not being fluent in English you will understand why.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

If seeking work in the PRIVATE HOSPITALS/CLINICS then Greek is NOT mandatory at all. However it will soon be picked up as you go along, as in the private clinics/hospitals most of the patients are ex-pats. :D
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 pm If seeking work in the PRIVATE HOSPITALS/CLINICS then Greek is NOT mandatory at all. However it will soon be picked up as you go along, as in the private clinics/hospitals most of the patients are ex-pats. :D
I think your correct that Greek is not mandatory in private clinics, but your not correct when you say most of the patients are expats....the vast majority are Cypriot, with a few expats.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 am
Lincoln wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 pm If seeking work in the PRIVATE HOSPITALS/CLINICS then Greek is NOT mandatory at all. However it will soon be picked up as you go along, as in the private clinics/hospitals most of the patients are ex-pats. :D
I think your correct that Greek is not mandatory in private clinics, but your not correct when you say most of the patients are expats....the vast majority are Cypriot, with a few expats.
This is what we have observed, too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 am Sorry but the Evangelismos requires all medical staff to speak and read Greek, I'm pretty sure the other private clinics will be the same! A few years ago an English friend with impeccable nursing qualifications & lots of experience forwarded her CV to me with a view to relocating which I forwarded to them and she was told it was a necessity!

:)
Well it makes sense, as the majority are Cypriot, with many being elderly .it makes sense to be able to speak to them, during the night there are only nurses on the ward, and how would a non English speaking patient, explain any problem they might have...
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Strange that some people say it is mainly Cypriots in the Private sector. I was an in patient at Blue Cross medical Centre and did not see any Cypriot in patients at the time. All the nurses were from different countries and all spoke English. :D
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 am Strange that some people say it is mainly Cypriots in the Private sector. I was an in patient at Blue Cross medical Centre and did not see any Cypriot in patients at the time. All the nurses were from different countries and all spoke English. :D
Not strange at all, your basing your view on one stay you had...ive visited people in Private clinics, over a period of thirty years, and in everyone the majority have been Cypriots, with one or two expats there, as for the nurse's speaking English, that dosnt mean they cant speak Greek?
smudger

Post by smudger »

Think it's a spam alert V. Pretty sure Dom willl be on it soon!!