Free dental checkups of citizens

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
memory man

Free dental checkups of citizens

Post by memory man »

Free dental checkups will take place on Friday 18 March outside the General Hospitals of Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca, Paphos, and Famagusta.

This is part of the Health Ministry’s actions to sensitize the public as to the importance of preventive dental checkups.

A recent epidemiological research showed that even though there has been improvement in the sector of Cypriots’ oral health, the needs for dental care are not satisfactory.

World Oral Health Day is observed annually on 20 March, and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the issues around oral health and the importance of oral hygiene so that governments, health associations and the general public can work together to achieve healthier mouths and happier lives.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/free-de ... -citizens/
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Free dental checkups of citizens

Post by Devil »

I had the misfortune of a dental visit on Monday, where I had a broken tooth mended and a cleaning. I was surprised at not being charged for the broken tooth and only €25 for the cleaning. Before GESY, that lot would have cost me about €150, if I remember correctly.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have always had a free dental check up and for cleaning/scaling/polishing teeth it used to be €20 per session. Now on GESY the same dentist provided one free cleaning/scaling/polishing teeth per annum. Dr Lenia is the dentist I have been using for the past 7+ years. I have a check up twice a year and so far have not had to have any treatment so not aware of costs. Website: https://www.paphosdentist.com/

According to the GESY website 'Dental healthcare services for outpatients include preventive dental care for beneficiaries in accordance with the catalogue of services published by HIO'. However, apart from the annual clean, I haven't read of any other people receiving dental treatment on GESY.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

memory man wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:40 pm
This is part of the Health Ministry’s actions to sensitize the public as to the importance of preventive dental checkups.
Shouldn't that have read SENSODYNE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: