GESY Ophthalmologist?

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
MacManiac

GESY Ophthalmologist?

Post by MacManiac »

My wife would like to consult an Ophthalmologist under the GESY scheme, and ideally locally in Paphos. Can anyone recommend an Ophthalmologist from personal experience who works under GESY?
Last edited by MacManiac on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Re: GESY Opthamologist

Post by trevnhil »

Because my wife uses him, under Gesy, I can recommend the Eye Doctor at Paphos. Dr. Savvas Hadjiraftis MD PhD,
His ground floor surgery is on the corner next to the traffic lights 50 yards from the Evangelismos Hospital ..

PS.. Do Not park on the double yellow lines, it seems to be a favourite 'booking spot' for the traffic wardens
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Trev,

As ever good advice, and thanks for the information.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Can also recommend Dr Andreas Charalambous at Blue Cross - visited him only yesterday.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Oxfordboy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:26 pm Can also recommend Dr Andreas Charalambous at Blue Cross - visited him only yesterday.
Thank you. Information like this is priceless.
darrow

Post by darrow »

We visited DR Georgiou above Bionic on Ellados ave. The entrance is on the side street. He has only been with Gesy a short time, private before that. He has bang up to date equipment and speaks excellent English,
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

When visiting the GESY ophthalmologist. Is it just for eye tests or for other reasons. Do they also provide spectacles under GESY?
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would answer by saying yes you can go to an ophthalmologist for an eye test, but also an optician can do that as well.
It all depends if it is just to see how your eyesight is progressing or if you think you have a more serious problem such as spots in your vision, or other problems..
I believe if you are using Gesy and going to an Ophthalmologist then you will perhaps need a referral from your GP
I do not think that prescription glasses will be paid for by Gesy
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Thanks Trev, that is what I thought. I have my eyes tested every two years and usually have to have a new pair of specs. Not cheap at all,
All things are possible
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I took my wife to the Eye and Laser Clinic in Paphos and she saw Dr. Savvas Hadjiraftis. She was very pleased with the consultation and the barrage of tests. Nothing was rushed and all was explained. The end result is that she has cataracts in both eyes and will have the first operation on Monday at Blue Cross Hospital. She also has to produce a negative Covid test.